cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

recently quit

Cbefree
5 4 120

I didn't check in yesterday for my first double-digit day but wait I don't celebrate until I'm finished with that day....so I'm right on time Day 10 is done 🙂 12 days no alcohol, 3 days without the nic patch, coffee consumption is 1/2, walking every day. Typing this is scaring me because I've gained so much,  I've wanted to offer myself this for so long & what if I fail? My library is getting Allen Carr's book so like another of us I will be 2 weeks into quit when I read it. Last evening when a craving came up it was so strong & was saying something like "you must smoke, your life depends on it" I know that sounds weird but it's the only way I can explain how it felt. The next one I would like to face it I mean really face it, what's behind such a strong feeling. Even as it was happening I was running screaming no no no, ooh maybe say no no no out loud could that bring me face to face with IT. 

Pardon the self absorption I do try to kudo & respond to posts because I want to be a part of the support you all are providing however not real adapt with the website ex. I came across a blog that resonated but it was from years ago so it seemed silly. Ok I feel you all saying, it's all good, self-absorption is normal in the beginning, because how could it be anything else. No matter how much we reach out and are heard and supported it still will remain a solo journey.

Beautiful day to you all 🙂   

4 Comments
About the Author
Recently retired at 69 which means I've smoked for over 50 years! Serial quitter like many of you, this time it's different. I've never had an opportunity to stay this present in a quit. In reading old posts of mine, I welcomed feeling everything & do I ever! All feelings are heightened good/bad/indifferent. I've lived in the Sierra foothills since 2003, very happy to be retiring here and be addiction-free.