cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

recently quit

Cbefree
6 5 100

14 days done, I went back and read what I wrote a week 1/2 ago, brought back the panic I was feeling then. This is not a bad thing for me it's important to remember the pain as a motivator. I just read a Mayo blog self-efficacy vs self-confidence and realized the self-efficacy around smoking is pretty nonexistent, too many failed quits in the past. So one challenge is don't spend too much time in the fear of failure, use the tools (loved the bite into a lemon, that would be a shock!) find everything blue in a room, breathe, walk, water........so many ideas from you all. Also don't deny the fear exists, this is real & I don't want to shove down any of the reactions/feelings/panic/etc with the self-talk of a dictator. We all will learn what works for us.....I'm humbly grateful to be here now with all of you 🤗😘

5 Comments
About the Author
Recently retired at 69 which means I've smoked for over 50 years! Serial quitter like many of you, this time it's different. I've never had an opportunity to stay this present in a quit. In reading old posts of mine, I welcomed feeling everything & do I ever! All feelings are heightened good/bad/indifferent. I've lived in the Sierra foothills since 2003, very happy to be retiring here and be addiction-free.