cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THANKS.....

Sootie
0 10 56

Thank you to all who responded to my Where Are You? blog......we found an Idaho and cyn---SORRY! I did know you were in Montana...how did I forget that?

I found two more PA people (actually--I already knew LindaN was in Philly but I forgot that too---could I be getting old?? NO!)

Still haven't got a Utah. I know our JoAnne is in Alabama (I think....)and James is covering Arkansas....what about Alaska???? 

Have we got a Louisianna? Tennesee? Mississippi? Missouri?? What about good old Indiana (still didn't find one) and I was thinking that we had an Illinois---but I can't think of who.

And NJ!!!! Where are you NJ?? I am actually a Jersey girl myself transplanted to PA now for 35 years. We are also missing New Hampshire. We had a Rhode Island (Tommy---what was her name?) but haven't heard from her in awhile.....Virginia!!! Virginia!!! Where are you? Colorado is here (bless you Thomas) but do we have Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada? And...our nation's capitol----Washington DC and Washington ....anybody from there? Wisconsin????

Anyway---wherever you are from, you are welcome here at EX. We are a diverse group here for one purpose----support to quit smoking.

And-----a side benefit?? You'll make some GREAT friends from EVERYWHERE!

10 Comments
melissa131

There are quite a few of us from Texas. 

I went to high school in New Mexico, my mom lives in Albuquerque. 

I grew up in Central/Northern California (misty dawn I believe is from there). 

So I consider myself to be from the Western Portion of the United States. 

I think we have a UK person here. 

That is one cool thing about the internet, we are from everywhere. 

melissa131

Are you making a map, I think there is an app for that, because another forum I belong to has a member map. 🙂 

Sootie

Marcie is having trouble commenting in the comments section but asked that I add that we have Ex community members from Bangladesh, Ireland and of course---CANADA (our mother goose!)

Thomas3.20.2010
PattyMint is a truck driver from Alaska.
melissa131

Is that a song yer writing Thomas, Patty mint used to smoke, she was  a truck driver from Alaska .  she wanted to quit smokin, but she had to do it fast yah, yah yah. I remember her, wonder how she's doing? sorry I got way side tracked goodnight all. Where ever you are.....:) 

TheNewMe_Jo

actually seen a few in Missouri, as I have relatives there and recall askin folks where in Mo they were.. so theres another state 🙂

doney

I commented on your blog yesterday, but I just went back and it obviously didn't appear. 

I was born, raised, and lived the first 30 years of my life in Bloomsburg, PENNSYLVANIA!!!
Proud to be a Pennsylvanian, I love home!!! But being the person I am, I just had to get out and explore.
My wife's career took us to the eastern shore of Maryland for 2 years (yuck)
and we now reside in north central West Virginia, and this is where we're gonna stay!!! 
At least until retirement age (we're both 34) 
I have a feeling I'll be back up in good ol' PA one day......

pir8fan

Giulia is in Tennessee!

pir8fan

Stephanie is in Rhode Island! Hammer(Live for the Dash)? is in New Hampshire! Pipster in Virginia! Where is Aztec from! Utah? Lady Hyacinth is AZ!

Sootie

If Aztec is from Utah---I think we've got all 50 and then--of course our other friends from foreign lands!!!

About the Author
I quit smoking in 2009 after years and years of addiction. I just became sick and tired of the whole smoking thing. This site was a lifesaver with the support I received...so as you can see, I hung around to help others. I became friends with many people....some are here now and some are gone. Welcome to anyone who is new....this is EX....we are all here for each other.