cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Re-boot, Re-start, Re-wired, THANK YOU!

caronia
0 2 16

I posted Perpetual Fail and then never checked the comments.  Obviously that was a mistake, because once I did I re-realized some things about why I quit and why I intend to stay that way.  I have smoked a few times since that post, over the weekend and twice yesterday... I threw the pack out and am twice as determined now.  I've quit enough times in the past to know that I shouldn't beat myself up over it, just keep quitting every hour of ever day. 

I've also decided I'm not going to count days anymore.  I'm not about to ignore the progress I made last week but I can't ignore the fact that I smoked either so I'm just going to say I recently quit, especially since it didn't amount to much more than a half a pack in three days, which is way better than a pack and a half a day but still pretty nasty...

I guess I was feeling like since I'd already started the cycle of nicotine and withdrawal again with the ecig that I might as well just smoke.  Silly me, I should've just tossed the ecig then.  I found someone to give it to though so I'm feeling good about that.  I mean, I know it probably won't help her quit but I learned alot trying to quit with it and that learning process got me here and so it was helpful in a number of ways, and expensive so I hope it helps her too.

I'd heard about Alan Carr's book and had no CLUE there was a free pdf, so thanks a million six hundred and three for linking me to that!!!!  Thanks to everyone who left me with a bit of encouragement, I might not have gotten it in time but I DID get it and it has helped me in ways I can't even begin to articulate.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  ❤️ me. 🙂

2 Comments