cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

THANK YOU

Breakinchains
0 9 108

I have a friend who refuses to pay for internet at home, she has been a life-long smoker, and is still puffing away. She asked me a while back how I did it, I told her I found this site on the internet to help me. She still won't budge. I don't get it. She's not financially challenged, that would be one thing, but she just thinks internet is a waste of money. She says "I don't need it," as she takes another drag.

I beg to differ.

Oh well, I'm still trying.

Thanks to Ex and all it's members for making this quit so much easier. This site is priceless!

9 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010
I hope your friend changes her perspective! It's hard to watch, Break, but not much else you can do!
Ex_Nancy

Sounds like she doesn't want to quit...who knows?...But if you she asks you again, maybe download Allen Carr's for her.Nancy

Breakinchains

That's a good idea Nancy, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Madyzsgocka

Yeah....I printed out Carr's book first day here. It's only 111 pages. I read 5-10 pages every nite before I fell asleep, and 5-10 pages first thing in the a.m. with my coffee. That way I had something to do with my hands as I drank the coffee. And, first thing on my mind, and last thing on my mind for the day seemed to help. Also, is she by any chance in a free Wi-Fi area? That way she could get a wireless laptop. OR, is there still old-fashioned dial-up? Does AOL, or any other company out there still have those disks that you can get 30-45 days free? Just enough time to get her hooked here? I may be in the dark ages with the dial-up thing, lol, oh well, good for a Friday laugh, LOL

Breakinchains

Part of me thinks she just doesn't really want to quit, but I plan to keep trying, thanks.

Patty70

How about public library? A 3D support group. She has you, lucky girl, thats the best.

onie1985

I agree. It doesn't sound like she wants to quit. But if she does the QUITPLAN has conseling over the phone for her. I listed some of the benifits she can get if she calls. You can also check out the site and let her know all about it.  www.quitplan.com

1-888-354-PLAN

When you enroll in the QUITPLAN Helpline, you will receive:

• Free phone-based counseling to help you quit tobacco
  •   
  • The ability to talk to a live Quit Coach
  •   
  • Help designing a personalized plan to quit
  •   
  • Ongoing support throughout your quit process
  •   
  • Free patches, gum or lozenges*
JonesCarpeDiem

does she not have any free time?

Its hard to believe (but true

that people don't realize the value of what is available on the internet for $1 a day.

why would I want to spend my time and gas to go look something up at the library when I can

so it from my chair and research 10 times the amount of information in the same time.

Breakinchains

I've tried to tell her that Dale, she just doesn't want to join the 21st century I guess. She's a house wife, and so stays at home and takes care of her child all day. Very little contact with the outside world, shy and reserved. Her husband is a non smoker. He gives her grief about it all the time, but she does not respond well to criticism.

About the Author
I quit smoking on March 26th, 2009. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years. I quit because I began having health issues in my early 40's. I had a TIA and a stroke a few years ago. I work as a home delivery salesperson.