cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it through the weekend....

brittann3
1 13 33

Hey all! Well, I made it through the weekend with 2 smokers and a pack of cigarettes at my house. I really didn't know if I would be able to do it, especially after I saw the pack on the table. Thankfully, my cousin and her husband don't smoke a whole lot so there wasn't a great deal of "in and out" going on. I didn't even put on a patch Saturday either so that is pretty huge!! I walked past the patio table several times and glanced at the pack... but never experienced any real desire or craving.

It was just this thing I used to do that I don't do anymore. Being able to say it was "almost 40 days" had a real impact on the weekend too though. I couldn't see doing anything to jepordize the momentum of this quit after getting so far into it! And you all were right!! Talking about my quit and all I've learned helps in those moments too.

I was on the phone with a friend for a little while on Thurs and told her about my quit. She's one of those who smokes but only a few a day and never struggles when she does quit. She tried to tell me that "years down the road it wouldn't be a big deal or major thing if I just smoked 'here or there', that by then it'd be different..." I had to stop her there and tell her that that isn't how this addiction works. It's such a relief to know that I can't be fooled by those "myths" or "lies" anymore. Before I found this site, and got the information and education about nicotine and this addiction, I would've believed someone telling me that I could try and smoke casually someday...

Thanks everyone for being there when I reached out and blogged Friday night! I was scared about how I would handle the weekend and it helps knowing there were so many cheering me on and supporting me. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and time with family.

13 Comments
About the Author
{10.17.2016} I am 32 years old and started smoking at 13 years old. I've attempted to quit many times over the years but it wasn't until Oct 2017 that I felt I was really ready. I did it for my boyfriend, he does not smoke and hates that I do, and the possibility of a family someday. 1.25.2017~ I am 100 days into my quit and smoke free! I also recently learned I am pregnant! If not for this site my quit would not have been a reality. 5.11.2017~ I am over 200 days quit and almost halfway through my pregnancy. We found out that our baby is a little girl. I am beyond ecstatic to be living life with the man I love and a beautiful baby girl who will make us a family.