cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Insomnia

ReallyReal
5 7 244

Had a rough night, zero sleep, and an early busy day at work today.  My brain is fried but the cravings weren't bad today.  Well, that's not completely true--after lunch I really wanted one, but didn't.  It is so weird to me how tied to "taking a break from the stressful work load" smoking is.  I know that is true for most people.  Today it just hit me, in kind of a surreal way.  As though cigarettes relaxed me, that's b.s.  i was always anxious because I knew I'd need another one in about 20 minutes but wouldn't be able to have one for at least an hour--so chain smoke several now--ee gads, what a life.  I found another way to relax today and unwind at work--deep breathing of clean air is so much more relaxing than puffing on a burning stick.  I got through another full work day smokefree--yay.  Now it is time for some chamomile tea.

I hope each of you has a blessed evening--Raissa

7 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.