cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

How did I get here?

harry18
0 9 17

94 days on the freedom train how did I get here, it wasn't easy that's for sure. First I had to set a quit date which I had done several times over the years but somehow I knew with this site and the support i was seeing reading the blogs that I was gonna be able to make, second I took the advice i received to heart I stayed away from people who smoked and stayed away from alcohol no drinks of any kind as it will kill your quit fast as a newbe,  I also started my day here and ended it here and that made a hugh differance. I was also introduced to a daily pledge group around my 4th week which has helped carry me the rest of the way so far and I will try and put the link here for you to use.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/3544-july-2014-daily-pledgefireworks-in-the-sky-but-no-fir...

I would encourage you to visit this site daily and make a pledge to not smoke for the next 24 hours no matter what, it is as easy as that and what a great way to start your day with a message of a pledge and maybe just maybe you might get to know some great people who would like nothing more then to help you through your quit just as they have done for me.

I also put up notes everywhere, in my garage where I used to smoke, on the refrigerator, at my desk at work and everything from the reasons I quit to how to make it through NML and more importantly why the tobacco companies want you to smoke I bought the lies for way to long but I don't blame them I blame myself for I am the only one that can change me. 

So how did I get here , I listen to the advice of the people who came here before me and followed through on a promise I made to myself N.O.P.E. I am done, I am a non-smoker and you can be too. 

Have a great smoke free day

9 Comments