cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Grateful

Gail561
7 3 132

Thanksgiving is more than just turkey and food with family. It's about being grateful for the life we have - even if it's not perfect. Even if I want to scream at the top of my lungs which I can't right now as I lost my voice a few days ago. It decided to take a holiday on me. At least I'm not working today because it requires my voice. Yes, I am down to a whisper and hardly any sounds. I have an ENT appointment on Monday morning. Maybe she can help me. I really couldn't talk at Thanksgiving, but it was still good. Not the way I wanted the holiday to be but sometimes it's just out of our control. The one thing I can control is if I pick up a pack, would I smoke it today. The answer is "no". Too much damage to my throat and other parts of me to consider picking up this habit again. I am glad I finally stopped hurting me.

I am grateful for this community and the bond we share in helping each other. It’s the little things that count when the world seems so upside down. I know in time things will get better but it’s just working things out one step at a time. I haven’t given up and am grateful for my strength and ability to get through whatever life knocks me down on.

I just wanted to take a moment to say “thanks”! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving Holiday.

3 Comments
About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.