cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feeling Grateful

ReallyReal
9 13 199

Today, like yesterday, is a grey, chilly day and a lot of moisture in the air so it feels colder than it is.  I am a little down today but decided to cheer myself up by planning what cookies I will bake this Christmas season. Now I just have to make sure I follow through on my plans.

Yesterday I was at the store, picking up medication, and a smoker was at the pick up window next to mine.  When I smoked I couldn't smell it on myself, though intellectually I knew others could, but I put that out of my mind.  Today, I am grateful that I am not surrounded by a cloud of smoke with the lingering odor attached to my clothes, hair and skin and everything in my house--yes, I smoked inside, and in my car.  Oh, the stink of it.  It is so good to be Free.  I hope each of you is feeling joy, peace, contentment and optimism about a smoke free holiday season!!

13 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.