cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Grateful Just For Today

indingrl
7 4 77

This next 24 hours just for today I am so grateful to my Higher Power who is God that I do not HAVE to get my fix of nicotine to cope with my insides

Just for today I am grateful I can breathe freely and exercise daily to get a stronger healthy heart and lungs after 38 years of sucking on death sticks to cope with life on life's terms

Just for today I am grateful I can take my day one breathe at a time to handle my friend dying of cancer last Saturday her lungs gave out while going through cancer treatments and radiation treatments

Just for today I don't NEED to use my drug nicotine to cope because I was left out of a conversation

I am humbled by my Higher Power who is God when I am shown a childish old behavior in my ADULT life today 

Just for today I am grateful I am not using my drug nicotine to cope with ____________ fill in the blank at any feeling try to lead me to use nicotine to cope in my old addict mindset my solution today nope with y'all and when those suddenly life traffic jams come out of no where like my friend who partner died while out shopping last month or life's feelings of depression or just for today MY grieving many loved ones who have died suddenly 

It is possible to live through all my feelings of rejection and victimhood in my mind and will and emotions in ME to stop and think with clarity I don't smoke anymore I will stay NotOnePuffEver with all my experienced NOPE family just for today 

Just for today it is all I HAVE to get through this next moment next second next minute nope nope nope

Just for today

IMG_20240113_023439.jpg

 Just for today I am grateful I do not HAVE to go outside to get my drug fix of nicotine to live today

Just for today I am grateful for this recovery site since October 2010 WoooooWOOO nope family 

4 Comments
About the Author
COLD TURKEY QUIT ON JANUARY 6 - 2011 and PRAISES FOR MY DADDY GOD AND THANKING MY MIGHTY HOLY SPIRIT IN ME - STAYING A NON SMOKER MOMENT BY MOMENT IN MY LORD JESUS NAME AMEN.