cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Free

lois2
0 15 1

will i ever be free? shame on me i am on day 1 .  what am i to do. ? am i weak?     

15 Comments
Barbara145

I admire that you never give up.  I still love you Lois.  Carry on!

Thomas3.20.2010

Lois, You have been trying to quit since before I got here.

It's time to get the show on the road!

You know how  - so as Nike says

Just Do It!

bonniebee

I don't know what to say to help you Lois. It is hard but you had so much time in this quit .I don't know why you would want to go back to day 1 ?????

All I can say is figure out what made you want to smoke and make a new plan. Worse than failure is to give up and you never do so keep on keepin on Lois !

We are always here for you and any of us could slip up at any given moment . I just feel bad for you Lois I know you want to quit Make a commitment ......NOPE !

Deena-A-Yenni

Don't beat yourself up we are only human and addicts at that.  Glad you turned it around.

JonesCarpeDiem

keep them away from your face

HealthyOrange

Lois, you are one of the most beautiful people on this site, so don't beat yourself up.  If you want to kick some butt, kick cigarettes out of you life for good, but don't get down on yourself.  It will only make you smoke more.  Forgive yourself, and get right back to it.  I've always admired your stick-to-it-ness.  xoxo

froguelady

I don't think you are weak, you are just not commited to a quit.

Carenda

Hey Lois, we started this journey together 2009.  I quit and remained quit,  You are suppose to be having your 6 year aniversary also.  Let this be your last quit.  Just say, I can andI will do this! Think of seeing my face and say, "this is hard but I know Carenda is watching me.!!  Good Luck My Friend (hugs).

TerrieQuit

Lois, I hate that you lost your quit! It was your choice! Just jump right back in and choose not to smoke!! Lois, You can do it!!  Just commit!!

Terrie

Giulia

Good luck, Lois.  I'm frankly burnt out on any more wise words to offer you after your  6 years here.  I have no idea what to tell you that will make a difference.  But I'm certainly  always hoping that some day you will achieve your goal.   

MarilynH

I'm hoping while I am reading this that you are now on day 2 and that you will rock right through today and continue stacking up your days of freedom from smoking. Believe in yourself Lois, stay strong one second at a time if need be, you can do this. 

Marilyn 

smorgy8513

Lois, I'm glad that you are starting again.......but, I have a couple of questions:

What do you THINK led to this relapse?

Did you reach out and ask for help?

Are you trying your quits using the "white knuckle" method?     That won't work for long!

Have you ever written the list that says "why I want to be quit" and "here's what I know will kill me about smoking"

I would help if I could;  each one of us can offer encouragement and support......but each of us has to walk this journey (in part ) on our own.

I have an idea......change your avatar from that sad, crying kid to something that is bright and encouraging for you.....just a thought!    

Let's do it this time Lois! 

Sharon

jonilou

Ok, Lois. God bless you. The day may come when you can seriously commit to this. I hope it comes soon.

elvan

Oh, Lois, I doubt that anyone is as disappointed as you are, this is your quit and only you can own it.

indingrl

THANK YOU LOIS YOU ARE FANTASTIC FOR YOU NEVER NEVER GIVE UP AND THATS WHAT I DID FOR YEARS OFF AND ON QUIT AND THEN SMOKE AND I LEARN THATS WHAT ADDICTS DO♥ WE USE NICOTINE♥YOU JUST KEEP CALLING OUT TO GOD IN JESUS NAME AMEN AND AMEN♥GOD LOVES TO HEAR FROM HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER LOIS♥I LOVE YOU AND GIVE YOU TONS OR GENTLE HUGS AND A KISS ON EACH CHEEK♥KEEP ON KEEPING ON MY BELOVER SISTER IN JESUS NAME AMEN AND AMEN♥GOD LOVES YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH LOIS♥PLEASE READ THE GOSPEL OF JOHN FOR YOURSELF AND SEE HOW MUCH GOD LOVES YOU LOIS♥