cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 6 started rough

vsmith85
0 10 15

My son got me up at 3:30 am wanting to play the Wii U. He's autistic and often gets up wayyyy too early so I didn't mind, but this time was different. The game tablet had gone dead and I put it on the charger and told him to sit in front of the charger to play on it while it charges. We've done that a million times. but for some reason this morning he wasn't having that. He's non verbal so our communication is difficult. He completely melted down over it, wanting to hold it on the sofa and not on the charger. The screaming went on for half an hour before I just couldn't take it anymore. I knew I'd end up smoking if it went on too long so I jumped up, got him dressed, threw him in the car and went to walmart. lol We walked around in there for over half an hour giving the Wii U a chance to charge while we were gone. I stopped and got him a hashbrown at mcdonalds just for good measure before coming home. It worked. He's been sitting calmly eating and playing the game pad. He's even sitting at the charger with it now. lol I'm not good at thinking of ideas when Im in the middle of a seriously stressful situation. I'm a little autistic myself to be honest. When things are all falling apart I meltdown in my own way. quietly, but still i shut down. Later I realize all the things I could have done, but not during. I think what was different this time was I really DIDN'T want to smoke. So I made myself think of anything I could do to keep that ffrom happening. I'm almost through Hell Week, would be a total shame to fall back now. 

10 Comments