cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 4 and still no smokes!

robert923
0 4 58

Here it is, Day 4 and I still have not had a cigarette. Amazing considering I would have smoked 8 packs over that span before...think about it, that's 160 cigarettes or about $45. Not too shabby. But I realize it's still a One Day At A Time deal and that all I have to do is not smoke right now or today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

I gave away my last 7 1/2 packs to a friend today. Still had them in a cupboard and I realized it was too tempting to have them in the house. Not to mention having them at home was like having a reservation to start smoking again. I refuse to allow myself that easy of an out. If I feel the need to start, then it's out in the cold to buy a pack.

No one including myself ever said this would be easy and quite frankly, it's not. But the harder I have to work for something, the more I'll actually appreciate it. I've already noticed that I feel better in the morning...minimal coughing and I'm not nearly as congested. Hell, my roommate even said I didn't snore as much. Hmmm, go figure. 🙂

Friends and family have been nothing shy of very supportive thus far, just like the people on this site. And it DOES help, it really does. Thanks to all who have shown their support and good luck to everyone who is trying to quit.

4 Comments