cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2!!!

JRC
0 11 25

How wonderful is it to wake up as a non smoker!!! Yesterday went pretty much as I expected, although the urges in the afternoon got pretty strong. They required more than deep breathing, chanting NOPE, and snapping the rubberband on my wrist. I now have a weeded patio!!

Physically, I woke up all energized but became quite tired. Because of circumstances here, I can't just lie down and sleep but will try to drink more juice today and know that this is temporary.

I spent a lot of time on WhyQuit.com. Will visit again today.

Janet

11 Comments
smorgy8513

Congrats Janet!   Just keep doing 1 day at a time (or 1 hour or 1 minute).   I know people say it gets easier....and please believe it does.    It gets easier physically and you will feel stronger mentally!

Stay strong!

ShawnP

You are stronger than you think. You made it through 2 days!!!! Thats something to smile about!. 

jojo_2-24-11

Congratulations! Waking up a non-smoker is one of the best feelings and then when I lay my head to rest at the end of each and every day, I am so very happy that I don't have to smoke that last cigarette of the day to get me through my sleep until I wake up. Keep up the good work by distracting yourself, I cleaned my house, now I have to organize my closets, again!

LouiseR

Way to go Janet.  Get up every morning and say I will not smoke today and go to bed every night and congratulate yourself for getting through the day. I love waking up a non smoker.  Its a great way to start the day with that wonderful feeling!

Connie55

excellent job.you will start to notice lots of cues from your body as it starts the healing processes. Juice is a great cleanser.

cory-3-10-13

Awesome job Janet! I love whyquit.com! Keep up that gorgeous quit! Its gonna get better and better!

Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations on day 2!

DebiD

Congratulations on Day 2!

joyeuxencore

♥♥♥♥

JRC

Thank you all for the support and encouragement!!! The other positive thing about waking up in the morning beside the realization that I'm a non smoker is that I can set the alarm for later. Don't need the smoking time!

I certainly wouldn't call today "easy" but doable by staying focused. Half of day 2 under the belt!

gnatilly05

You are awesome!  And since you are a day ahead of me, I am soooo inspired by your victories!!  We can do it!   Day 1 almost under my belt completely....  Just have to get the kids to bed!!  Stay Strong & focused!