cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 3 1/2: The Aftermath (Re: Maria's lovely comment about Cravings)

talulattdh
2 4 66
I was actually surprised today at the lack of cravings I had. Yesterday was so hard, I assumed I'd have to go through it all again, but it wasn't that bad actually. I'm starting to get used to smelling and tasting things differently. It's like it's *easy* or something. Smells and tastes just *are*. I don't know if that makes sense, but I got nothin' else. 😉

The only time I even thought of smoking today was when I had my Test Coffee. But it wasn't the nicotine I wanted, it was just the habit of smoking while I drank coffee that I missed. I kept my hands busy (you can kinda tell by how prolific I was on this site this morning 😉 ), hung out with my daughter, and listened to some music instead. When I smoked with my coffee before, I never wanted the kids around. Now, I enjoy it, and I'll miss the little ragamuffin when school starts on Monday.

So tonight, I'm off to belly dancing. I have a wonderful group of supportive ladies there who'll be anxious to know how I've been doing. Thanks to all of you, and especially my wonderful hubby, my report will be positive. It's going to be interesting to see how my body reacts to the workout, as well. Catch you on the flip side.

-M
4 Comments