cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

BENEFITS ALREADY

terrib325
1 7 12

I noticed someone saying something about a hearty laugh...without coughing. That's the GREATEST FEELING!! I used to laugh and then start hacking. In the morning also, I would have so much drainage. I take Claritin and always blamed it on sinus issues. A lot of it is, but now I see that most of it was from smoking. I breathe so much better. I'm overweight and have back and knee issues~ have to have surgeries. I will do things and sweat and get out of breath........however, I am not fighting for air. I really think I'm going to turn into a piece of licorice or a jolly rancher.......I've finally let up on some a bit on candy.

I play Euchre at my parents on Wednesday, and for the first time ever, my smell sensation was heightened big time. My brother reaked from here to high heaven and I thought, wow, I'm so glad I don't smell like that any more. I mean he really, really smelled badl. 

I wake up in the morning and think okay, I'm going to have coffee and a cigarette and then go, bamn, you don't smoke no more. Dummy me.

I am so happy, so DANG PROUD!! Tomorrow is 60 days for me.....this is the hardest thing I've done in my life and something I never thought I could do. My motto is: Never take another puff"!!

And this site and whyquit has helped tremendously. I think I will keep this site in my life. I don't ever want to smoke again. I want to help others. It's a great feeling.

THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

7 Comments