cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 5 and already seeing the benefits.

kwardklinck2
0 8 101

Ok, today I decided to really look at what's better about my life since I quit.  Guess what?  The positives far outweigh the negatives here.

My skin isn't as dry.  The bags under my eyes are less noticeable.  I'm already sleeping more soundly than I did as a smoker and my dreams aren't as vivid.  Today, I went to the gym and ran for a half hour on the treadmill.  Then, I did a power pump (weight lifting class) for 45 minutes after my run.  Guess what?  I'm not exhausted. I have been doing this routine for about a month now and every single time, I'm completely zapped of energy when I get home.  Not this time.  Nope, I feel fantastic.

Food smells and tastes better.  Yes this can be a negative but I log everything I eat on a website and I'm staying under my calorie limit even with all of the fantastic stuff I'm eating.

My mouth tastes clean lol.  I know this is a weird thing to say but this is the cleanest my mouth as tasted in so very long.

Guys, I understand you being scared.  I was very scared myself.  I moved my quit date so many times, and every time it sent me into a panic.  I've made numerous attempts to quit in the past and usually I feel like I'm just setting myself up for failure.  This time, I finally understand exactly how nicotine addiction works.  It is about 90 percent mental and 10 percent physical.  If you can get the mental under control, the physical is really no big deal

I am a hardcore nicotine addict.  I smoked 20-30 cigs a day for 25 years.  If I can quit, you can quit.  You can do this and find joy in being a non-smoker.  In my opinion, I wasn't really living for the last 25 years.  I was a slave to the drug nicotine.  It did nothing for me except keep me addicted.

I am free.  Yes, I get that empty feeling every now and then.  It's getting less and less as the hours and days pass. I just try to fill it with things and people that I love.  I don't love cigarettes and I never did.

8 Comments