cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

And on a positive note, benefits I have already noticed!!!!!!!

ginger34
0 8 20

I wanted to also put out there the positive benefits I have noticed already, also meant to encourage newbies newer than me and not scare them off lol

My smokers cough and wheeze is gone

I just statrted back up at the gym again and just starting I can do a mile in 15 minutes, back when I smoked and at my best in exercising it took me 15 to do a mile so this is much improvement, like 5 minutes off just cuz I quit smoking

I don't have to make time to smoke anymore and that ate up alot of my time, when I wake in the morning the first thing I reach for is not a smoke, I don't tell my kids "Yes we will do that just let me smkoke first

I don't have to worry about forgetting my smokes and lighter lol

my skin is improving, i have fewer wrinkles, in my worst of fighting craves, I think alot about this lol

Apparently I no longer have smokers face, which is what one friend told me I had previously, he described it as being able to look at someone from across a room and being able to tell they were a smoker, just the look of my lines I guess

I can sleep again, this was a problem when I first quit

my appetite is back, though I need to lose about 5 pounds it is better than rooting my lungs, my body actually looks much better

I am no longer tired from smoking, like exhausted and falling asleep by 9 like I did before

Quitting smoking is beneficial and it does make such an improvement on your overall health and of course your lungs!!!!!!!

8 Comments