cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Almost 7 weeks

Joyous76
2 7 239

47 days of not smoking cigarettes.  I started smoking when I was 12.  I am 46 years old now.  That's a lot of years.  I quit because I had been sick for weeks with sinus and chest colds and a sore throat and wheezing and short of breath and I was finally sick and tired of being SICK & TIRED!!! 

The 1st week wasn't horrible because I was sick.  Boy the following 3 weeks were a monster! Smoker's flu ravaged my body something fierce.  I wanted to smoke hoping for relief.  But my husband had been a patient supportive rock.  I figured I better push on through and get it over with.  I didn't want to put either of us through this withdrawal again.  He was a saint!

47 days.  Some days are not too bad.  Really it is moments that are tough now, not whole days.  I use nicotine gum.  I vape a little in social situations just so I won't cave and go back to cigarettes.  It is what it is. Everyone's journey is unique.  Do not let others judge you on yours.  Just stay strong and patient with yourself.  Addiction recovery is hard.  Acknowledge that and breathe sweet air.  I can breathe deeply now without coughing.  I lay down at night and no longer wheeze.  Keep on keeping on, friends 👍

7 Comments