cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

49 Days!

lvs2rock
0 4 8

Long time no blog! Sorry for that...I have not smoked! I have made some life altering changes since I last blogged. I am staying strong although there have been a few times where it was difficult but, II can honestly say that they did not last too long. Most ended up in a long hard cry.

Suffice it to say, I moved out, got my own place. I have never ever lived on my own. It has been good. My husband wants to try to work it out. unfortunately, I caught him in another lie...so I will not be reconciling.

I have got to say that it is true that you can handle the bad better once you get past the intital few weeks. I have never made that connection in past quits. Ah ha moments everywhere I turn!

I feel better...I only gained about 5 pounds...thank goodness because with my thyroid, and my back meds I could not afford to gain anymore than I already have!

I was hiding behind the cigs and avoiding facing my issues.Cigarettes are legal drugs...in my eyes no different than any other. I am not overconfident, but I do see them for what they really are.

I have been trying to adjust to living alone, well,  me and Riley! Sometimes the quiet is too loud, if that makes any sense. Those are the times I find that it is hardest. I go to my breathing. I sit in a comfy chair and just close my eyes and calm down with my breath.

Funny, I went to my last back Dr visit and he suggested that I start neditating and dontinuing my yoga and switching to a whole foods diet. I usually eat pretty well, but I am now making more conscious decisions about what to eat.

I have stacks of vegan.vegetarian cookbooks. I have dabbled in the past. Now that I am on my own I get to utilise them. Do not get me wrong! I like my steak! I ameating meat or tuna 3-4 times a week. I will never give up my yogurt! Oh and I now have a new addiction...well food love....I discovered.....Goat Cheese! OMG its amazing! Ummmmmy!

I do see that since I stopped using cows cheese my tummy aches are ceasing. Yogurt doesnt bother me at all! Nor does aged cheese...like a good parm!

I think I love food! lol Ok always loved food.....im a born foodie! heaven help me!

Ok I am getting silly now...I just wanted to check in...I bet some had me pegged to having slipped up again! I didnt do it!!! YES!!!!

Hugs to all,

I am going to finish watching Harvey now

4 Comments