cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

49 Days In - Maybe changing the channel will help?

ronibeach
4 17 268

I have struggled this week with wanting to go back to smoking. Not physical urges, just my mind wanting that smoking life back despite how good I feel physically now. I always have a song in my head and this week it's been Eddie Money's "I Wanna Go Back": "I want to go back and do it all over, but I can't go back I know." The wanting to go back to smoking again but also wanting to stay quit has made me angsty and anxious, not a good emotional place for me. So yesterday I decided to change the channel and tweaked the old Virginia Slim's commercial jingle (the older Exers will remember this from the 60s) to play this in my head: "You've come a long way, Baby, to get where you got today. You've got your smoke-freedom now, Baby, you've come a long long way." I'm hoping this will make my mind shut the "F" up in telling me to quit my quit.    

17 Comments
About the Author
A writer by nature, a helper monkey at heart, trying to figure out the purpose of my life and live it fully in the meantime. I call myself a WIP = work in progress.