cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 Days Since I Quit

Thyme
7 4 69

Yesterday brought a lot of unexpected stress. I am beginning to navigate caring for an aging parent who is having problems with memory and it can create a lot of worry about the future if I am not self disciplined. Yesterday, when I was feeling overwhelmed I practiced just focusing on the next right step and deep breathing (I slow my breath way down and try to make it sound like the ocean) and took a hot bath and listened to an album to give myself a mental break. I went for a run yesterday even though it was cold and rainy and I think that helped keep me calmer as well. I never had a craving yesterday, and never thought about cigarettes except to think “wow, I can’t believe I’m not having cravings.” Last week I had a craving that lasted for an hour and a half and I was so close to smoking but I didn’t. I think it is feeling better this time because I am making sure to spend some time on the Ex every morning and am taking the daily pledge and posting as well as reading. So thankful to be free from cravings (for now) and for all the support and help I find here.

4 Comments