cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanner17

Quit Day 1

Quit day one down, I noticed first thing in the morning I wanted my vape and had purchased Rouge’s (similar to Zyn) to ween myself off after throwing my vape away yesterday at 6am. During the work day it wasn’t too bad, but once I got home I noticed cravings. I have only had one pouch today and limiting myself to that as I really want to drop it all at once, but for the most part first day wasn’t terrible I noticed more habits than cravings for example hitting a vape while driving but not really craving it.

4 Replies
Barbscloud

@Tanner17 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  I'm happy to hear you've stopped using your vape.  Be careful choosing another form of nicotine that's also addictive.  Have you thought about using NRT?

It's not to late to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addition to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many  of us on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
champsin97

Just keep it going one day at a time.  Hell week will be tough but you can do it.  Stay close and stay strong!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Tanner17 How is your quit going?

Have a Happy Holiday.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

One day at a time @Tanner17! You got this. Plan for your distractions for when the cravings hit!

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos