cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyshleiaA5

Not feeling great about this

I don't feel too great about quitting. Nothing has really changed. I'm still doing what I did before and it feels awful.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AyshleiaA5 The quitting journey is not easy, and at first it won't feel great, but you can do this!  Stay encourage because better day will come!

Here are words from other member in the community. I hope they encourage you today: https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/get-inspired/

-Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team

@AyshleiaA5 I didn't feel great about this either. I was nervous about it because it was something different from what I had been doing the last 30-something years, especially since we've all built our lives around it in some way. If it seems too overwhelming, take it slow. Some folks can do it cold turkey (not me) or taper off a little bit at a time. Good luck!

37 days clean

biscuit9

@AyshleiaA5   When was your quit date?  "Nothing has really changed", if you are not smoking then something HAS changed.  I felt out of sorts and odd when I first quit, but I encourage you to keep moving foward with your quit.  Nicotine is an addiction that clouds your rational thinking.  You are stronger than you know.  

MarilynH

@AyshleiaA5 If you haven't yet, please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's definitely not easy by any stretch of the imagination but as long as you're willing determined and totally committed to succeed then you will persevere through the roller coaster ride of cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep to be Free PLUS anything worth having takes time AND effort AND kicking nicotines butt into oblivion is TRULY THE GIFT!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@AyshleiaA5 Welcome to the Ex.  How long have you been quit?   Be patient with yourself.  I think we often expect too much too soon.   For anyone who has smoked for a long time your body needs time to adjust to the loss of nicotine and a multitude of chemicals.

Have you been reading material on the site?  There is some great information at this link to help with your quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

I hope you'll continue to post your journey.  We have much in common when we quit and it really helps to receive support and know that you're not alone.

Consider joining many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
Maki

Are not feeling great about starting this journey , or you’ve quit a bit and not feeling things are changing , can you fill us in a bit more @AyshleiaA5 . I don’t see a quit date in your profile so clarifying what’s happening or not happening can help us better respond . 
As others have said quitting isn’t a bed of roses when we start , but if you get the roots strong and stay here in firm and nutritious soil and you nurture it , it will grow and one day it forms a bud that blooms into a beautiful flower . I think that is one way to explain it . It’s worth taking one day at a time. Stay patient and nurture it daily and you will see change . Small things at first but then comes the ah ha moments you can’t deny has changed you . Hang in there , keep coming back . 

DCobbins8

You can do this. Just continue to believe in yourself and trust the process. 

Barbscloud

@DCobbins8 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Supporting your fellow quitters helps them and you to maintain your quit.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

We have to change our minds in order for the behavior to change. @self-talk,  Believe you can and you will. 

0 Kudos