cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NopeNo

Beginning a quitting journey.

Hello all! Brand new member who just chose an official quit date. I've been vaping the past 4 years and am ready to quit. I've started to notice my hair thinning and the money I've lost and the life I'm no longer living due to vaping. I've quit vaping at home entirely and now only do so at work. I'm worried once I quit for good that work will go horribly but I've noticed that at home I am at my happiness now that I am no longer reliant on it during my weekends and after work. Those who struggled to quit at work, what are some tips you may have for someone who is looking to get through the day without the thing that made the day less stressful? 

Thank you all!

2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@NopeNo Welcome the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit. No matter the source, nicotine is an addictive chemical so yes it can be hard to quit. The same principles to quit smoking will apply to your quit. It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

Every tools\ you identify, works at your job also.  If you can, get up and move around. Take a walk on your break. I used Sour Patch Kids and chewing on straws. Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

And you can do the deep breathing exercises for stress anywhere!

Barbscloud_0-1682518691596.gif

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters. Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb