cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

October 2013 Daily Pledge -- You Can't Scare Us -- We're Smoke-free!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
234 Replies
Giulia

Hello Pledglings!  Look at all these hands I get to grab in this happy daisy chain of affirmation!  Patty thanks for yours.  I will not put a cigarette to my lips this day, no how,  no way.  Nor will I buy pack.  Nor bum one.  Nor even consider the possibility of engaging in such foolish health defeating acts.  And that's a promise!  Palm up, held out for the next freedom seeker.....  (Giulia 7 yrs, 7 mos, 6 days and counting)    

0 Kudos
debra

Today is October 8th and I pledge not to smoke nor use nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours. Thank you to everyone here for your support and friendship 🙂 Sharon, I gladly accept your hand and extend my other hand to the next pledgling in line----

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  Welcome to our friend Debra -- I am glad to see you made it here.  I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to use any nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and support for the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning All! Thank you, Debra, for your kind hand. I gratefully accept it as I pledge to remain nicotine free today. I extend my hand to the next person willing to pledge the same!

0 Kudos
candylance

Good morning, all!! What a wonderful night's sleep. My psychiatrist disallowed me to use the computer during the night if I can't sleep. He said it stimulated me too much, and he was right. I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed this AM, and will work out at 7:30 after Hubby and I have coffee in bed. NOW, I happily and restfully take Kathy's hand and pledge not to use nicotine, NO MATTER WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO ME, for the next 24 hours, and I extend my free hand to the next pledgling..................Love to all! d28

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good morning dear Pledgers!    What a great day to make the decision and CHOICE to not smoke.    I make that promise to all, NOPE---NEF.   I hold my hand out to the next in line.     Candy, so glad you had great sleep and I'm glad I get to grab on to your hand!

0 Kudos
Leeza

Good morning Smorgy and the all the other joyous EXers who have choosen to remain smoke free today.  As we are learning that's the only way to be.  As I take your hand Smorgy I reaffirm my course of action.  I will not allow a cigarette to touch my lips today.  It so much easier to do this when you keep your hands occupied.  So I EXtend my free hand to the next EXer waiting in line to make their pledge.

Wishin you all a terrific Tuesday!!!

Leeza - ODAT 367

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone!  Thank you for your hand Leeza.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens in my life.  My hand is strong & is stretched out to the next winner who also chooses to pledge their smobriety.   Patty 462 Days of Healing & Recovery! 

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  Candy, I'm glad to hear that you're sleeping better -- hope the trend continues.  It's wonderful that so many people are going strong with their quits -- let's continue to support one another.  Patty, with gratitude I take your hand to pledge another day of freedom from nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and support for the next person ready to pledge...

0 Kudos
candylance

Sheryl, good morning!! The TREND continues, thanks to my Higher Power and good doctors and common sense. I gladly take your extended, nic free hand and pledge not to have a cigarette near my face NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. I extend my free hand and support to the next pledgling... Welcome!! d29

0 Kudos