cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

September 2013 Daily Pledge -- Our Quits Are a Labor of Love!

Good Morning Everyone!  It's the first day of September and we're here to celebrate our growing love for ourselves and our quits by continuing to pledge.  I'm commit to remaining nicotince-free for another day and I hold out my hand to the next person ready, eager and willing to pledge their freedom...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
144 Replies
kathy_ryz

Good morning, All! Every first of the month I celebrate in an extra way my freedom! It is definitely through the help of this site. I gratefully accept your hand of support, Sheryl, as I commit to remain nicotine free today! I gladly extend my other hand to support the next Pledger in line!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good morning.   Kathy, thanks for your hand.   I take it and pledge I will not smoke today.    My other hand out to the next in line.

0 Kudos
nanawendy

I will gladly take your hand Smorgy, and pledge to remain nicotine free today. I will extend my other hand to the next in line

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

23/42/23

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

Dearest Wendy...So happy to take your hand on my 300 days of freedom today and joyfully extend my hand to the next person pledging to be nicotine free today...xo

0 Kudos
edsel1964

Good morning all!!!Thanks for the hand Joy I will pledge to remain smoke free on my 55th day and every day on and gladly extend my hand to the next person in line!!! 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Labor of Love indeed!  Great title, Sheryl.  Edsel I'm delighted to take your hand on this 55th free day of your freedom and I will pledge my 2,741 days on another smoke free day.  Can you believe, after all this time, I had a cigarette dream last night.  I was a student at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in NY, and my quit counter said 2500, and I was going to buy a pack.  I couldn't remember if I had really been true to my quit that long, or had lied to everybody and had been smoking for quite some time sub rosa.  Still in the dream - I was suprised that I couldn't remember.  I kept thinking and thinking until I realized that, no - indeed I had not put a cigarette in my mouth for those many years.  The dream turned in another direction after that.

Interestinglingly, in the majority of my smoking dreams I catch myself smoking and recognize that I've lied to the community here and have been smoking all along.  And it doesn't bother me a whole lot that I've done so in the dreams.  Which is really odd to me.   Some of the dreams are so realistic that I awaken and wonder if I have indeed been lying to everybody - until full consciousness kicks in.  

Anyway, slight diversion there - I hold out my true blue quit hand for the next Pledgling who soars on in......

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning One and All!  Giulia, I haven't had a smoking dream in a long time, since the early days of my quit.  But I know that if I don't stay aware and protect my quit, I am subject to losing it.  That said, I am here to take your hand ('cause there's no holiday from quitting) and pledge that I will remain nicotine-free today.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next willing person....

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning All! Everyday is a celebration of freedom for me--63 days free! I thankfully accept your hand of strength, Sheryl, and pledge to remain nicotine free today. In turn, I offer me hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos

Happy Labor Day to All!  Thanks for the hand Kathy!  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens.  Can't think of a single reason why I would want to do that!  My hand is out for the next winner who chooses smobriety & freedom!   Patty d426

0 Kudos