cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

October 2013 Daily Pledge -- You Can't Scare Us -- We're Smoke-free!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
234 Replies
Leeza

Good morning Sheryl.  It's been a while since I last took hold of your hand.  I'm not complaining... just the opposite... woohoo.  This past year, the  consistent "daily" membership of our group has grown which is so exciting.  Each day we all gather here to avow our pledge as a tool for maintaining our recovery.  Althoug the lengths of our quits differ our intentions are the same -- to remain smoke free today.  And so I promise to take my recovery one step further today and will keep my lips free of any cigarettes.  I offer my free hand to the next person in line waiting to make their pledge.

Smorgy - congratulations on your 2 month milestone

Candy - blessings to you on your 25th day.  I know that you can do this.

Erma - I am so proud of you

Patty - You are awesome

And lovely Sheryl - one of my heroes

For you all I wish that the best days of your past be the worst days of your future.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning to all.    Leeza, what a great and loving post!   Thank you.  And thanks for your hand.   I take it and pledge that I will not smoke today.   NOPE.    And I offer my other hand out to the next in line.      Going to throw a party later with cake and ice cream for my 2 month birthday!   Stop by all!

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone!  I may be later pledging than the majority of the pledgers again because we reside on different "coasts" but we are all linked together in a common bond of smobriety!  Thanks for your hand Sharon & congrats on 2 months!  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens & offer my hand to the next winner who comes along to also pledge.  Patty d459  

0 Kudos
candylance

Oh, Patty, is it ever wonderful to see your little ladybug picture!! After yesterday, I gladly take your hand and congrats to Sharon on 2 months. I'm 26 days today and soooo glad to see your smiling faces. I pledge not to smoke today NO MATTER IF I'M BANNED and hold my hand out lovingly to the next one to pledge. Those days are stacking up, people.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning all you lovely, strong, committed quitters -- you give new meaning to the word dedication!  Candy, that quit of yours is growing into a beautiful thing.  I proudly take your hand to pledge that I will not use any nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and support to the next person ready, eager, and willing to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Happy Sunday to All! I am thrilled to see so many people here! Sheryl, I gladly take your hand of strength and pledge to remain nicotine free today. I offer my free hand to the next person willing to pledge.

0 Kudos
Leeza

Today is an absolutely superb Sunday for me.  Sheryl I am so delighted to take your hand as I join the 6%.  Although I had my ups and downs along the way I set an intention to reach this goal.  Finally I have made it.  Each day of success fortified me to continue on.  So, I feel certain that for the next 24 hours I will continue to honor my commitment to remain smoke free.  I offer my free hand and support to the nEXt EXer who comes here to make their pledge too.

Leeza - ODAT for 1 year!!!!

0 Kudos
Leeza

Well Kathy I'll grab your hand too!  We can never have to much support sent our way in our quest.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good morning to all!    Leeza......you are amazing and I am so proud to take the hand of a 6%er (extra strength in that!).   Congrats to you Big Time.    I pledge that I will not smoke today....NOPE....and I extend my other hand out to the next in line.

Enjoy the day!

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

ATTENTION:  CAKE INTERLUDE IN HONOR OF LEEZA'S ONE YEAR OF FREEDOM!!  LET'S HELP HER CELEBRATE!!

0 Kudos