cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

March 2013 Daily Pledge

Welcome to March!  Our quits are coming on strong, like a lion!  I'm here to pledge that for another day I will not use any nicotine.  I extend my free hand and strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
87 Replies
AutumnWoman

Glad you could make it, Leeza!  I gladly take your hand and pledge for one more day not to use any form of nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person in line ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Here I am again to say ht I'll continue my smoke free life style.  Sheryl thank you for your hand.  And I extend my free hand to the next person waiting to make their pledge today...

0 Kudos
msterling999

Hi Leeza... I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Leeza -- I'm happy to take your hand pledging to remain free of any form of nicotine for the next 24 hours. I extend my hand to the nEXt EXer ready to make their freedom pledge.....

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Monday morning to all!  Maggie, thanks for your hand which I clasp to pledge that for this day I will not use nicotine.  I extend my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

"It's helpful if we renew our commitment to quitting every morning.  It's also helpful if we turn within ourselves for the strength to move through the urges that will assuredly arise throughout the day, particularly at those times when in the past, we eagerly relied on a cigarette to calm our nerves or distract us from a painful moment."  -- Karen Casey

0 Kudos
msterling999

Thanks Sheryl --- I dedicate my pledge to Christine and give her my thoughts and prayers. I shall remain free and extend my hand in renewing my commitment to quitting every evening....

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good morning Maggie!  I gratefully accept your hand and pledge to remain nicotine free for this day.  I extend my free hand and our strength to the next person in line ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Hello everyone.  I hope that you are having a wonderful day.  Sheryl thank you once again for your hand.  I am still smoke free and intend to stay that way.  Hopefully, I can pass by holding hands with the next person waiting in line to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
msterling999

Hey Leeza -- thanks for the strong hand. As Thucydides stated, "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage."  So I pledge to have the courage to seek happiness and remain true to freedom. I extend my hand to the next person seeking the same ....

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning to all!  Maggie, I am happy to take your hand and pledge that for this day I will not use any nicotine.  I extend my free hand and our strength (and courage) to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

For many of us (especially those just starting out), the decision to not smoke is still a daily one.  Quitting is not easy, but we don't have to do it alone.  This group and this community are here for all who need them.  Just reach out and make the commitment to your health and freedom a day at a time...

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ain't gonna smoke no more no more no more no more, hit the road, Jack, and don't ya come back no more!  Swinging by to gratefull take your pretty hand, Sheryl, and promise to keep my pledge to my smoke free self this day.  Life is good.  What you think directs your coming and your going.  Here's a paw held out for the next Pledgling who desires freedom....

0 Kudos