cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

March 2013 Daily Pledge

Welcome to March!  Our quits are coming on strong, like a lion!  I'm here to pledge that for another day I will not use any nicotine.  I extend my free hand and strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
87 Replies
Leeza

Giulia, I gratefully clasp your hand as I pledge to remain smoke free today.  I extend my free hand to the next person waiting in line to pledge..

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Everyone and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Leeza that is a wonderful image!  I gladly take your positive, optimistic and determined hand and pledge that I will not use nicotine for this day.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of feedom...

St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland.  We're driving cigarettes out of our lives one day at a time!

0 Kudos
Leeza

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.  Here's little Irish humor to brighten your day:

McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, he started to leave.

"S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing," he replied, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."

So with laughter in my heart, I take your hand Sheryl as I pledge to remain smoke free today.  And I offer my free hand to the next person waiting in line to pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good one Leeza!  As always I am grateful for your presence here and for your hand which I accept and pledge that I will remain nicotine free today.  I hold out my free hand and our strength for the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
Giulia

Thank for the hand, Sheryl.  Good Monday morning everybody.  Spriing is springing here in Tennessee, Pear tree has a soft fragile halo of white, shoots are nosing up out of the ground, birds starting to build nests.  It's glorious.  And so is this freedom from the slavery of smoking.  I pledge to remain true to my quit this day, all day.   And here's my other hand reaching out for the next Pledgling.....

0 Kudos
owlfeather

Laughing......wetting my plants.  And Leeza, the olives!  

I accept your hand G, as I pledge to remain nicotine FREE for the next 24 hours, while extending my FREE hand to the next EX in line, ready to make their pledge of FREEDOM

0 Kudos
msterling999

Thanks Guilia, I take your handing knowing today will end and a new day will start. Bad days come and happily go. Not every day will be bad, but some are. Smoking doesn't make anything better. So here is to continuing the process to make it thru the bad days knowing there will be other days, hopefully better days. I reach my hand to the next pledge, and remain committed to my new direction .....

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning to all!  Maggie you are so right -- when it comes to the bad days, this too shall pass.  We are learning to take life on life's terms, the bad with the good, and we realize that we can withstand the storms.  Nothing, absolutely NOTHING is worth smoking over.  So I take your committed hand and pledge that for the next day I will not use nicotine in any form.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Hi everyone and a special thank you to Sheryl for your hand as I state that I will remain smoke free for the next 24 hours.  I extend my free hand to the next EXer waiting to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
Giulia

Thanks for your hand Leeza.  I pledge to remain true to my quit this day.  (What do you think about this plaque I just made?  Comments, suggestions welcome. I created the whole thing from scratch.  Too wordy?  Bad picture?  Not bright enough?  Whatdda ya think?)  Day WON!  Here's my other hand held out for the next Pledgling...

0 Kudos