cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

June 2013 Daily Pledge -- Make A Pledge For A Smoke-free Summer

Hello Everyone!  I am here this first day of June to pledge that I will remain totally nicotine free today.  I hold out my hand and our group strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom.  We can do this!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
88 Replies
Giulia

You are such a trooper, girl, for keeping this Daily Pledge alive! And at 5:30 in the morning???!!!   I don't pop in too often, but on this first day of the new month, I most definitely wanted to take your hand in a show of solidarity.  I found in the beginning of my quit, making a plege every day to be very important in holding myself accountable.  It's just an extra plug in the relapse possibility dyke.  And it should be part of daily maintenance for the newly quit or the older shaky quit.  It helps solidify the commitment. 

And with that - and with my paw in thine as cement to the pledge - I say:  I will remain smoke free and nicotine free, this day, all 24 hours of it.   No iffs, ands, nor BUTTS about it!  And that's a promise.  Here's my other paw stretched forth for the next pldedgling to join us....

0 Kudos
barbara42

Happy June, Sheryl and Giulia amd all, I will be so glad to take your hands of strenght and pledge no nicotine of any kind for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line

0 Kudos
ptaradactyl

Happy Happy June all you ladies! My Kansas City Royals went from first to worst in May and I'm really not sad to see it go 🙂 Sheryl, the only fire I want to see this month is campfires and Giulia your words always ring so true. And last but certainly not least, Barbara, could that be a new grandbaby in that profile photo? How sweet and how wonderful to accept your hand and the strength of our group as I pledge my FREEDOM from nicotine for today, tomorrow and this entire summer even if my boys of summer keep losing!!! I now EXtend my paw and all our strength to the nEXt EX ready to take the reins of their own FREEDOM by joining us..... 

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Hey Everybody!  So great to be back with you all.  My feet are sore, but it was worth it to meet Joanne and her family and to walk with them.  Joanne is as funny and down-to-earth in person as she is in cyberspace.  No way I'm going to pick up a cigarette after that!  So Tara, I am pleased and proud to take your hand and pledge that I will remain nicotine-free today.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
barbara42

Good morning all, and thanks Tara, but that is my great grand daughter Lexi, i will be so honored to take all your hands of great strength and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line, have a great day ! So glad you got to meet JoAnne,and had a very inspirational time Sheryl.

0 Kudos
Leeza

What a wonderful way for me to start out the month of June... Seeing Tara, Guilia in addition to to Sheryl and Barbara here.   I feel so fortunate to be smoke free free for nearly 8 months.  It is with the help of this group that I am here today to pledge that I will continue to remain smoke free and offer my hand to the next person waiting in line to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Monday morning to all.  I agree Leeza, it's great to have everyone present and pledging.  And we will take some time to celebrate your 8 months of freedom -- how wonderful and how proud we are of you!  I pledge not to use any nicotine for this day, and I extend my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

And we have CAKE!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Did someone say CAKE??   Well, I had to jump on again for THAT.  YUM!  I chomp and chew and eschew the evil tobacco weed.  I will not inhale nor inhabit that smokey world this day.  And that's a promise!  (Think I've got enough alliterations going? lol)  Quittiing?  Ah it's a piece of cake!  Thanks for your hand and the strength here and LEEZA  - Happy 8 MONTHS!

Here's my hand held out for the next committed Pledgling........

and.... to go with that cake...

0 Kudos
barbara42

Happy 8 months Leeza, I will be happy to take your hand Giulia and pledge no nicotine of any kind for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line

0 Kudos