cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

August 2013 Daily Pledge -- Commit to the Quit!

It's the first day of August and I am here to pledge that I will not use any nicotine for the next 24 hours.  I hold out my free hand to the next person ready to pledge their freedom.  Come on in, the water's fine!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  Kathy,  I gratefully accept your hand to pledge that I will not use nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and the support of this group to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

@Leeza:  We had a good time, in spite of the dreary weather.  We went to tour the U.N. -- my son's idea.  Travel safe, Leeza -- we will miss you!

0 Kudos
Leeza

Well, I had a few minutes before getting ready to leave so I just had to stop by to make my pledge to remain smoke free.  Sheryl thank you for your hand and I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time touring the U.N.  So now I offer my free hand to the nEXt EXer waiting in line to make their pledge....

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Greetings to all!  Leeza, thank you for stopping by on your way out the door, and for your hand which I take to pledge another day of freedom from nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and the strength of this group to the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning  All! Thanks for your supportive hand, Sheryl, which I gladly accept as I pledge to remain nicotine free today. In turn, I extend my other hand to support the next person.

0 Kudos

Testing ---

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

"Do not take lightly small good deeds, believing they can hardly help.  For drops of water, one by one, in time can fill a giant pot."  --  Patrul Rinpoche.

Happy Friday!  Our pledges are our drops of water, good deeds we do for ourselves and others, filling up the giant pots of our quits.  Ladybug I'm going to trust that your intent was to pledge here, co I gladly take your hand and pledge that I will use no nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Thank you, Sheryl, for your hand of support. I pledge to remain nicotine free today and extend my other hand to the next pledger!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Got you hand, kathy, thanks!  Yippee ki oh ki yay I will not smoke today!  And that's a promise!  Here's my hand on it for the next Pledgling.....

0 Kudos

Thanks for the hand Giulia.  (Had some puter issues -- could you tell ha!)   I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens.  My hand is out in friendship & support to the next winner choosing smobriety.  Enjoy Today Everyone!  Patty d409

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Happy Saturday one and all!  Patty glad you got your computer issues straightened out so I can grasp your hand and make my pledge of no nicotine for another day.  I hold out my free hand and the strength of this group to the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos