cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

August 2013 Daily Pledge -- Commit to the Quit!

It's the first day of August and I am here to pledge that I will not use any nicotine for the next 24 hours.  I hold out my free hand to the next person ready to pledge their freedom.  Come on in, the water's fine!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
Leeza

Greetings to one and all.  Kathy thank you for your hand which I gratefully accept as I pledge to remain smoke free today.  I offer my free open hand to the next person waiting to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Howdy folks!  We've got to keep meeting like this!  Leeza, thanks a million for your hand as I pledge to remain nicotine free for another day.  I hold out my free hand to the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Happy Saturday All! Thanks for your hand, Sheryl, as I pledge to remain smoke free today. I extend my hand to the next person willing to take the pledge.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Kathy I'll take your hand and promise not to smoke this day.  Perhaps if more members jumped on here and made a pledge we wouldn't be seeing so many relapses.  My other hand stretches forth to the next Pledgling in strength and hope.....

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning!  Giulia, It's always great to see you here.  I will gladly take your hand to pledge another day of freedom from nicotine.  My other hand is outstretched for the next person ready to pledge....

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Love your graphics, Sheryl! Still trying to figure out how to do them. Guilia, you are so right! He pledge I take first thing in the morning lives throughout the day with me. 

Thank you for your hand of strength, Sheryl! I accept it pledging to remain nicotine free for 24 hours; and offer me other hand to the next person in line!

0 Kudos

Thanks for your hand Kathy.   I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens to me.  Smoking is no longer an option in my life.  My hand is out  in support to the next winner who also chooses smobriety today.  Patty d404

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ms. ladybug I've got your hand, merci!  And I am promising not to smoke this day.  It's stupid, it's stinky, saps one's strength and I don't need it no more!  'Cause I am craving free on top of the mountain.  Grab my hand next Pledgling and come on up!

0 Kudos
Leeza

Guilia thank you so much for your hand imageand helping me up Mt. Freedom.  I shout out and hear the echo - I will remain smoke free today.  (Talk about a great shout out).   I offer my free hand to the next brave individual who comes here to make their pledge...

Me... just taking it one day at a time (ODAT) for 309 days.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  Kathy, maybe this link will be of help to you in posting graphics: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2011/06/05/posting-graphics-edite....  Leeza, thanks for the shout out and the hand up.  I pledge not to have any nicotine today and I stretch out my hand to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos