cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

August 2013 Daily Pledge -- Commit to the Quit!

It's the first day of August and I am here to pledge that I will not use any nicotine for the next 24 hours.  I hold out my free hand to the next person ready to pledge their freedom.  Come on in, the water's fine!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies

Thanks for your hand Kathy.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens in my life.  There is strength & momentum in numbers.  Forward march!  (sorry -- former USAR member ha).  I offer my hand in support to the next winner who also chooses smobriety today.  Enjoy Today Everyone!  Patty d397

0 Kudos
msterling999

Hey Patty - Thanks for your hand. It is great to see so many pledges and there is strength and support in numbers. I have had a beautiful day paddling on the water in the sunshine. I am just about to go for an evening walk and I pledge to remain smoke free. So I offer my hand in support to the next person who chooses to seek life and remain free.... Maggie

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning!  Maggie, I agree -- it's extremely encouraging to see all these pledgers -- keep up the effort folks!  Maggie, I gratefully accept your hand to pledge another day without nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Thanks for your hand, Maggie, which I gratefully accept as I pledge to remain smoke free on this Monday. I offer my hand to the next person willing to pledge. Have a great day All!

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Guess we posted at the same time, Sheryl. So I gratefully accept your hand and pledge to remain nicotine free today and continue to offer my hand to support the next person.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your hand Kathy.  Good Morning Everyone!  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens.  My hand is out for the next winner to pledge. Patty d398

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning!  Great work everybody on keeping your commitments!  Patty, I thank you for your hand which I take as I pledge not to use any nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge.  Step right up!

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Happy Tuesday to All! Sheryl, I gratefully accept the support of your hand as I pledge  to remain nicotine free today. I offer my hand to the next person to pledge.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Kathy , thanks for your hand.   I'm on day 2 and I pledge not to smoke today.  NOPE.  I will offer my "newbie" hand out to anyone who wants to take it.

0 Kudos

Thanks for continuing the "chain of support".  Congrats on Day 2 -- you CAN do it one day at a time!   I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens to me.  I know that smoking will in no way help me & I am embracing the self-discovery journey I am on with each passing day of smobriety.  I offer my hand in friendship & support to the next commited winner.  Patty  Day 399 of Recovery & Healing  

0 Kudos