cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

August 2013 Daily Pledge -- Commit to the Quit!

It's the first day of August and I am here to pledge that I will not use any nicotine for the next 24 hours.  I hold out my free hand to the next person ready to pledge their freedom.  Come on in, the water's fine!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
AutumnWoman

Good Friday Morning!  I'm ready to do the happy dance for the weekend as I take your hand Patty and pledge no nicotine for today -- what a wonderful feeling it is to be free of nicotine!  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Happy Friday to All! Sheryl, thanks for your hand. It's been a source of daily strength. Today I accept your hand and pledge to remain nicotine free today. In turn, I offer my other hand to the next person willing to pledge. Have a great day!

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone!  Too early for me to be doing a happy dance yet (yawn) but I enjoy the graphic!  Thanks for your hand Kathy.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens.  Smoking is no longer an option in my life.  I offer my hand in support to the next winner choosing smobriety. Patty d416  

0 Kudos
Leeza

Hoping everyone is having a fantastic Friday.  Patty are you awake enough now to do the Happy Dance?  I see your hand out there so I'm grabbing it now and giving you a big twirl for those 416 days you've got going there.  Since I don't smoke anymore, I have a free hand to offer to the next person in line who is waiting to pledge with me that they will remain smoke free.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

It's Saturday and we've made it through another week smoke-free!  Leeza, thanks for your hand -- it's great that there are other pledgers here.  I promise not to use any nicotine today and I hold out my free hand and the strength of this group to the next person eager and willing ro pledge their freedom...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

I promise to remain nicotine free today with the help of Sheryl's hand. Thanks for the strength. My other hand is offered to the next Pledger! Have a great day!

0 Kudos

Good Saturday Morning Everyone!  Leeza -- Thanks for the Happy Dance twirl yesterday.  🙂  Sheryl - Thanks for again starting this Daily Pledge.  Kathy -- Thanks for your hand of support. 

I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens in my life.  I have chosen a different path in my life besides smoking.  I offer my hand to the next winner who also chooses smobriety.   

Patty d417

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Hello Everybody!  Just want to remind you that the Summer Bonfire continues through today, so if you haven't put in your unsmoked cigarettes, there's still time to do so.  Look for Renee's (Wind Dancer's) blog from yesterday to contribute.

That being said, Patty I thank you for your hand which I take to make my pledge of no nicotine for this day.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning to All!

Thanks for the strength you give me everyday! I gladly accept Sheryl's hand to help me remain nicotine free today. In turn, I extend my hand to the next person willing to make the pledge.

0 Kudos
Leeza

imageWishing all a super Sunday.  Kathy, it is with great pride that I take your hand for you are doing an awesome job in maintaining your quit.  Here's a little pat on your back from me.  Keep up the good work.

I come here today to reaffirm my commitment to remain smoke free.  This has served me well for 323 days.  I only have to remain smoke free one day at a time and then watch those days add up.  And so I offer my free non-smoking hand to the next amazing person waiting to make their pledge of freedom today...

0 Kudos