cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

April 2013 Daily Pledge -- And We're Not Foolin'!

Good Morning to all on this first day of April!  Once more I am here to pledge that for this day I will not use any nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

Inspiration: : the act of drawing in; specifically : the drawing of air into the lungs

As non-smokers, choose to find your inspiration everywhere today!  Breathe deeply of Life!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
54 Replies
lisa319

Good morning Sheryl, My first time here. I take your hand with my left hand and with my right I pledge to be nicotine freeanother day..Today is day 6........

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Happy Saturday to all!  Glad to have you here, Lisa!  I gratefully take your hand as I pledge another day without nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

I'm back again to pledge yet another day of freedom from nicotine.  Here's my hand extended to the next person wishing to claim their freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

http://stonesdetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/CUS1001CarveYourBlessings.jpg

Good Sunday morning to all and a special welcome to Joan and Lisa who have come to make their pledges since I was last logged in.  Doing a daily pledge is a great aid for keeping your commitment in the foreground of your thoughts. 

Sheryl and Maggie... thank you for your caring and concern regarding the medical issues.  There has been some head way made on the Significant Other's (SO) situation and mine are still in the discovery/diagnostic phase.  However, the SO and I are not going to smoke over it for that doesn't solve anything.

Therefore... Sheryl, I gladly take your hand as I pledge to remain smoke free.  I extend my open hand to the nEXt EXer waiting in line to eagerly make their pledge of freedom...

I am blessed to be smoke free!  Just taking it one day at a time (ODAT)

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Monday morning to all!  Leeza, I'm glad you are making some headway with your medical issues.  And that quote is wonderful advice!  I'm going to gratefully take your hand, Leeza and pledge another day of freedom from nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our group strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Hope everyone is having a marvelous Monday.  Sheryl thank you so much for your hand and strength.  I pledge to remain smoke free today and offer my free hand to the next awesome person waiting in line...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Leeza!  By coming here and pledging we are strengthening our resolve, exercising our quits.  I gratefully accept your hand and pledge that for the next 24 hours I will not use nicotine.  I extend my free hand and strength to the next person ready and willing to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
Leeza

imageGreetings Sheryl!  You sure are pumping a lot of weight, my lady.  Since m\y dumbell only weigh 2 pounds, I can take hold of your hand. 

I guess you can pump more because you have a much longer quit than myself.  However, I continue working on it one day at a time and so I'm here to say that I'll stay smoke free for the next 24 hours.  I offer my hand to the next person waiting to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Howdy Leeza!  This pledge group *will* strengthen your quit.  It's great that you are here and committed.  I take your hand to pledge that I will remain nicotine free for the next day.  I'm extending my hand to the next person ready and willing to flex their pledge muscles with us...

0 Kudos
Leeza

Sheryl thank you for you hand.  I'm here to let you know that I intend to stay smoke free for the next 24 hours.  I extend my free hand to the next person waiting to make their pledge...

0 Kudos