cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mippiehippie

Day 4

Oooh man... the anxiety has been very intense the last several days... shortness of breath, irritability, trouble sleeping, you name it. I already feel like I can breathe better, but I'm having some chest discomfort as well... maybe it's just my heart/lungs adapting to no nicotine when I would vape all day everyday for years. Tomorrow will be better. But this is definitely not easy. Cravings still come, but they are going faster and faster each time a new craving hits. Bring on day 5. 

4 Replies
biscuit9

@mippiehippie  Today is quit day 5 and you are making it through,  what we call hell week.  I encourage you to "hang in there" and not give in and it sounds like you are doing just that!  You win when you don't smoke.  I like your attitude.  Visualize where you want to be, you will get there.

Barbscloud

@mippiehippie Congrats on 4 days of success.  There are many unexpected physical symptoms when quitting.  Hang in there--they will pass. If you're able, walking is a great way to refocus your thoughts and replace some dopamine lost when quitting. Here are few that you many be experiencing.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

And don't forget deep breathing exercises.  It's a great way to deal with anxiety.

Barbscloud_1-1684676771013.gif

One day at a time will get you where you want to be.  Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm so glad I hear positivity in your post. Although you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms, you are not giving up! That what's important! 

Keep going! You got this!

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
champsin97

Hell yes I say!  Bring it on you nico-bitch.  I will kick your ass all day every day!  This is the NOPE attitude you have to have and it sounds like you have it so kudo's to you.  Only 3 days and you'll be done with Hell week.  Just keep that mindset and take it one day at a time and stay strong!

0 Kudos