cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaraQuits

Checking in day 4

Feeling good. Feeling completely free. I feel pretty darn confident. But this is like my fifth attempt to quit. I went to feed a friends cat today, and he had a bag of my things that I had left at his place. Inside was one of my favorite flavor vapes. Brand new. I actually screamed and poured a glass of water …And dumped the vape into it and watched it smoke and spark in the sink. Then I got worried it would explode so I took it out and I’m embarrassed to admit I took it out back and threw it into the forest.  I feel really bad about littering, but I saved my life  today. My addict free life. Be careful when lost vapes show up …. I’ve lost my recovery 3 times when I found old vapes in the past. 

5 Replies
Barbscloud

@TaraQuits Congrats on 4 days of success.  Good job trashing that vape.  That took strength and commitment.   Keep moving forward.

One day at a time.

Barb

biscuit9

Today is quit day 5.  So, on quit day 4 you found the vape AND tossed it.  Took alot of courage on your part, but since you don't smoke anymore, that is exactly what a nonvaper would do.  Keep working your quit and stay vigilant.  Make sure you post here or elsewhere before you give in to a crave.  Stay vigilant.  Cheering you on and use your tools of distraction.  

0 Kudos

Wow! You are incredibly strong. I’m proud of you and hope id be strong enough to do the same as you in that situation. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TaraQuits Kudos to you! You can do this. One day at a time. I also wanted to invite you to our vaping group where there is more focused discussions on this topic. 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
champsin97

Nice job!  A win is a win even if you had to litter.