cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ycequeen13

wanna b there when they r older

i quit jan 4 and every second night around now i light one so ive had 4 this week, lost gramma and grampa to lung cancer and mom just passed of heart attack,i have 3 kids hopefully ill stop it before it takes over again been smokin for 25 years. wish me luck!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eladio

Keep that mental state, wish you good luck!!!

0 Kudos
rvelotrol

I lost my mom to a stroke... after 10 years smoking I decided to quit. I am surprised that it is turning out to be easier than I thought. Like Eladio just said... keep that mental state. Do it for your children. Hugs. Rodrigo.

0 Kudos
dee53

Hi I've just started to quit and mostly because I want to live long and continue to watch, play and share with my grandchildren.  They are age 7-6mths.  My husband smokes the house sometimes stinks.  It's so gross.  Cross your fingers for me.  Dee

0 Kudos
diane50

Sorry to hear of the loss of your grandparents and mother.  I'm very fortunate to have both parents around, my dad never smoked he recently turned 80 years old, my mother 79 years old, didn't start smoking cigarettes until she was 38 and she quit smoking 10 years ago.  If she didn't quit 10 years ago, she probably would have never lived this long.   My husband 63 was a 2 1/2 - 3 pack a day smoker and 2 years ago, he got the Flu and has never smoked since.  

I am the only smoker in the family,  I am hopeful, I will kick that bad habit very soon.

Good luck to you and everyone on this site!

0 Kudos