cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

palrmt

Support has meant everything to me - DAY 5

Well I have made it 5 days without cigarettes.  Not one puff.  I am shocked that I have made it this far.  The support from everyone on here and everyone in my "real" life has been amazing.  It's honestly probably the only thing that has gotten me through this far.  My boyfriend has been absolutely wonderful these last 5 days.  He has put up with all of my mood swings without a single reaction, he constantly tells me how proud he is, and has been just amazing.  All of my friends, even the smokers, are super supportive.  They do everything they can to make my life easier.  My smoker friends make sure not to smoke around me and even try to avoid me immediately after they smoke so I don't smell it.  The support from everyone has been the biggest help throughout the last 5 days.  I feel like I will let everyone down if I fail.  I would suggest that everyone who wants to quit tell everyone they know. 

Today was the hardest day so far.  There were so many times that I really wanted to smoke.  Every time that I wanted a cigarette, I thought about all of the money I have wasted and all off the people that are rooting for me.  Believe it or not it really has helped. 

When I make a week smoke free, I am going to treat myself to a special dinner.  Having that reward waiting for me helps me fight the cravings. 

How is everyone else doing? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dawn37

You are right, the support from this site has been amazing. It is so comforting to know that you are not the only one going through this and you know we all have been there or are doing it with you! I was lucking, I had found a friend here that had quit within hours of my quit time & I will tell you that was the best thing for me last week.  This week doesn't feel as desperate to me; it truly does get better, hang in there & stay strong! You can do it!

0 Kudos
gina28

I agree with both of you! This site is amazing! I had a bad day with the cigarette craves but I did not have any and it was partly because of all the support I have been getting from this site. Thanks everyone. Congrats on day five. I am so glad to hear you have so much support. Enjoy that special dinner :). Dawn, I am glad you are finding such great support from this site as well. Stay strong and beat those cigarettes.

0 Kudos
joe59

So happy to hear you are still quit, I talked to you on Friday, and I guess you were on day one.  I am one week now, and I think you have made it through the hardest part.  I am so proud of you.  I am proud of us.  WAY TO GO PALRMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
smp101

I agree that the support I get on this site has made a difference for me. I don't feel like I'm alone at this and having others that understand what I'm dealing with is a great value. So thank you all for your unconditional support. I also am proud to see so many people who are sticking with it and progressing with their quit. I am on day 8 and feeling good this AM. Woke up peaceful, now I look forward to coming here in the morning with my coffee instead of smoking, this site is wonderful.

Thanks all.

0 Kudos