cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brian90

time to Qiut

I have had enough need to quit smoking for my health and daughter's. NEED HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
90 Replies
spoody1

I need to quit for health and family.... havea grandson and 2 new step grandkids and it is time so i can be around with them. I have started exercise program and ready to step up health

0 Kudos
spoody1

I need to quit for health and family.... havea grandson and 2 new step grandkids and it is time so i can be around with them. I have started exercise program and ready to step up health

0 Kudos
kelly166

Hi my name is Kelly,  I want to quit smoking but cannot seem to do it by myself.. I am looking at this as my last chance to do it..I have tried several times but lack the will power.. stress seems to get the better of me..I lost my mom to lung cancer 3 years ago and it scares me to death that It can happen to me to! please help!

0 Kudos
lori132

hi my name is lori. i want to quit smoking. i quit for 12 years and started up again 7 years ago. it is so hard. i pray all the time to quit. i have no will power,and when i get stressed i wanna smoke. i made my quit date for 11/24/2013. please pray for me as i will pray for all of you. thanks for listening
0 Kudos
walnut

quit using with the patches and sugar free hard candy. however, started again after a month. (omg) I have these terrible oral cravings. the candy helped but wow, any other suggestions. I read somewhere here where the oral cravings were insanely awful. Carrots, celery, not much good, I have a total hand to mouth fixation/addiction. Mostly mid morning and mid afternoon. I brush my teeth and have an old toothbrush with a tongue (scratcher on it. I keep it with me. How long before this part leaves?

0 Kudos
maryd5

Hi my name is mary, I have been smoking since I was in my mothers womb. I am 51 years old, and this might not be accurate but it sure feels like it. we had a house keeper that taught us how to smoke when I was 5 and my sister was 4. My mother never found out about that. I have been smoking off and on since then. I have quit numerious times. the longest being 16 months. I am now on my 10th day as smoke free. I take Chantix which helps emensly, Ive used the patches but found I was cheating on those. I am a cancer survivor and was not smoking during that time. I recently had a lapse with crohns disease and started smoking heavily, My doctor told me to stop.. I actually cried. the cravings are doing me in although Im being strong and sucking on lolly pops when they get bad. Ive washed everything in my home clothing etc to rid myself of the smell. a trigger for me.. I fabreezed my car cause that got me every time I got into it.. I want to be smoke free. I will succeed.. and have never tried any sort of support group to help me through this. Ive done hypnotism and councelling as well and was never able to stop for very long. I will succeed this time.

Thank you for listening.

0 Kudos
shimmr3

I am in the same boat as you. I quit for 9 days for the health of me and my son- started smoking again, but came back and am now ready to quit again. The best tips I can offer are to use a nicotene aid, it helps so much. I like the losengez personally, but different things work better for different people. Make a list of the reasons why you want to quit and review it every time you get an urge. If I had made my own list last time, I think it would've helped a lot in refocusing my mind on doing what is right, no matter how hard it feels. But whatever you do, just keep coming back to this site, reading people's stories, and reading the info on here. It is very encouraging and helps us all see that it is very possible to quit! I respect the stand you are taking for your health and the health of your daughter. Good for you and best wishes! 

0 Kudos
syrinawillows

I quit for over 10 years and then 8 months ago moved in with a chain smoker and started again. I'm back to smoking a pack a day and need to quit bad. I signed up for a program that my insurance is paying for and they are sending me patches and I'm also getting on Chantix and coaching. So happy about this. They gave me this site too! I need all the help I can get since everyone I know almost smokes, including the 2 people I live with. But I can do this! They both work a lot and so I don't HAVE to be around them. 😄 Can't wait to be smoke free again! YAY!!! I'm try to look at the possitive and am very supportive to others also, so if you need to chat let me know 😉

Big Hugs!!!

0 Kudos
tams3

Hello my name is Tammy and I have quit before. I just did a year in prison and the last thing I wanted was to start smoking again. I felt so much better not smoking!!! Where I am staying they smoke but I know that doesn't mean I have to.

0 Kudos
tams3

Hello my name is Tammy and I have quit before. I just did a year in prison and the last thing I wanted was to start smoking again. I felt so much better not smoking!!! Where I am staying they smoke but I know that doesn't mean I have to.

0 Kudos