cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brian90

time to Qiut

I have had enough need to quit smoking for my health and daughter's. NEED HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
90 Replies
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome to the site.  We all hang out in blogs, so go there for more posts and more replies to what you post.  The most important thing is to educate yourself about the addiction and how to lick it.  The support you will get here is amazing.  Go to Maggie's page and follow the links to other sites which will help you understand. 

0 Kudos
ladybird88

I just lost a dear friend to cancer and he asked me to quit  as one of his final requests. I have tried many times but feel this time I need to change my focus.

0 Kudos

i LOVE to smoke! I never try to stop. 😛

0 Kudos
staci-smith

Dear i_love_2_smoke :

In reference to your comment..You're in the wrong place. If you have a desire to stop smoking, and be supportive of others with the same desire, please stay. If you're here to taunt or be malicious, you're in the wrong venue and should find other avenues of entertainment.

Brian - WELCOME to you!! Hope you find the info you're looking for, you will certainly find the support you need here! I'm a new non-smoker, 8 days and counting now! It's hard but easier with a community. Hang tough and keep educating yourself about your nicotine addiction!

Staci

0 Kudos
shelia313

Hello My name is Shelia and not only do I want to stop smoking, I absolutely need to stop smoking. I have been a smoker for over 30 years, lost both parents to lung cancer. My health has progressivly deteriorated over the last 10 years due to smoking. Thing is, I do not and have not enjoyed smoking for over a decade. The problem is I have NO will power whatsoever when it comes to quiting. I started chantex a few months ago and it seemed to be working, then I had a stressful situation with a family member and began again. ( although, I did not fuly quit with the chantex I was only smoking a few drags a day)  I will be starting the medication again tomorrow, but I am looking for some suggestions to help me prepare myself to quit completely any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
velia_alcala

My name is velia. I want to quit smoking. After a bought of pain i was on meds and i started smoking again after 3 yrs of being smoke.free. Now my husband is out of town working and yhe loneliness affected me more. But im actually tired of it so maybe it was good i outsmoked myself..ready to get back on the wagon..and stay there.
0 Kudos
robert103

hey my name is robert. Ive been battling ciggaretes for over 15 years now and now i am truly sick of them. My father is going thru his second bout of chemo and has clogged arteries in both of his legs no thanks to nicotine. ive tried everything with no luck. going to try wellbutrin again. hope it works...by the way great website

0 Kudos
irma19883

Hi my name is Irma,I am 22 years old and my doctor told me that I have to stop smoking or I will get the lung hardening in couple of years...So here I am again,trying to quit I hope that this time is FOREVER...

0 Kudos

Hello and welcome to the site of Ex! Come on over to the blogs where we all hang out. There you will find lots of support, advice and even friendshp. See you there!

0 Kudos