cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

historyteach

relapsed...

Yes, I'm sorry to say, I relapsed.
I was doing very well, too. But, I had a very, VERY stressful situation at home. Was that an excuse? Probably not. But, I relapsed anyway.

I have a neighbor who lives right behind me. She's an alcoholic. She took in a former tenent of mine, who robbed me of @ $20,000. Since then, she's been harrassing me. She wants to be his "champion" or something, I guess. This has been going on for 2 years. And she's escalated. She's now threatened me, and filed a false police charge against my son. I've had the police here more often than I can shake a stick at. Three neighbors have seen her come over and attack me, totally unprovoked. I can't even enjoy my yard. Her dogs have attacked my son's g/f's children and she does nothing, though she witnessed it!

I had to get a restraining order against her. And I've been advised to report her to the board of health as an impaired physician. But, she's totally crazy and, frankly, I'm scared of what she'll do next, if I do. We have to go to court on Monday.

So, I relapsed. My son and his g/f and her kids are staying with me for a while. She smokes. The sickarettes were right here, and it was just too easy to pick up. I asked, she handed a butt right over to me. My bad, yes. I'm making no excuses. My nerves were completely shot! The police were here three times the day I picked up, and I had to call them a forth time, due to this nut case!

This is my summer vacation from school. I still have to do 40 hours of professional development. I've been looking for a part time job, to help pay for the oil bill this coming winter, but, no one's hiring. My mom is sick, and I"m going to have to spend 10 days with her. Some vacation, huh? :>(

My plan is to quit again on July 22nd. That's my birthday. It's a good time for a quit. A new start. In the meantime, I"m still taking one chantix each day, to keep it in my blood and brain neurotransmitters. I hope that's the right thing to do...

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know.

Shalom!
0 Kudos
15 Replies
beth20

surround yourself with positive people.... then when the toxic people come round or in your backyard you will have a safe place to land.... keep trying the day will come ,i promise 🙂
shalom to you!
0 Kudos
miguel

honestly, im sure i`d most likely pick up a smoke myself in ur situation,,,, the good part is ur starting over never quit quitting, hope u solve this problem soon. stay strong! Photobucket
0 Kudos
polly2

Hey you! I'm rooting for you! Sometimes life is like sh#t hitting the fan, except that it's diahhrea -- yuck...I'm glad that you came online and told us. You know the ropes...You'll get it back, just don't lose sight of it...Imagine...Shalom! Happy, Happy Birthday too! Take good care and good luck with your neurotic neighbor...
0 Kudos
polly2

Hey you! I'm rooting for you! Sometimes life is like sh#t hitting the fan, except that it's diahhrea -- yuck...I'm glad that you came online and told us. You know the ropes...You'll get it back, just don't lose sight of it...Imagine...Shalom! Happy, Happy Birthday too! Take good care and good luck with your neurotic neighbor...
0 Kudos
james10

iTS OK BRO....THATS REALLY SAD FOR YOU TO GO THRU THAT....I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH AND THE QUITING WILL COME ...YOU HAVE TO HANDLE YOUR BIZ AND GET THINGS STRAIGHTENED OUT....THE BIGGEST THING ABOUT QUITING IS THE FACT THAT YOU CHOSE TO QUIT....AND MADE A DECISON THAT YOU DONT WANT TO SMOKE...THATS THE BIGGEST STEP...IS TO MAKE THAT MOVE....IM SORRY FOR ALL YOU ARE GOING THRU....LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT....HANG IN THERE.....
0 Kudos
historyteach

I'm very blessed to have loving people in my life.
Thank you for your support!

Shalom!
0 Kudos
historyteach

We go to court tomorrow, where I will ask that the restraining order remain permanent.
Thanks for the birthday wish!!!
I look forward to my new quit and some peaceful times to accompany it! :>)

Shalom!
0 Kudos
historyteach

Thanks for the tip, Karen. I will look for that.
I was quit for over two years before, and slipped in December, due to a three year stressfull situation at work. So, it's clear that long term stressful situations are my downfall. It's not that I expect the world to stop for me; I'm not that shallow. But, I have my limits, and having smoked for 35 years, I learned to use sickarettes as a coping method. I will check out the panic button, though. Thanks!

Shalom!
0 Kudos
historyteach

Thanks, Polly! *hug*
I'm not losing sight of the goal, trust me! LOL!
I may falter, but, I won't fail!
I remember my two years all too well. And I WANT it again!
We go to court tomorrow, where I will ask that the restraining order be made permanent. I don't want her to bother me again. I want her out of my life. And I may ask the judge to oder her into a program for impaired physicians. She's a drunk who's out of control. Her patients deserve better. Oh, did I tell you she's a psychiatrist???
Thanks for the birthday greetings!

Shalom!
0 Kudos