cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

leanna2

okay... not quite ready...

so, yesterday at 3:00 p.m. i had gone twenty-four hours without nicotine (it was a personal goal of mine) i felt really proud about doing it, but i was so ready for a cigarette and i had one. i'm not ready to fight the urges by myself... and i feel really bad about not quitting like i planned, i feel like i let some members here down. but it hasn't got me down, i'm still working on my triggers, and i have went from smoking a pack a day to 5 or 6... in just a week! just gotta keep my head up.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
cindy25

Wow, lots of replies. People really want you to JUST QUIT!!!!
I agree, you are so young.
You have such a better chance at quitting, staying quit and escaping with LESS DAMAGE that we all do!
Don't waste this chance to quit and mean it.
Cigarettes will not be important to you several years from now when you will be a nonsmoker.
Cutting down the number of cigarettes will make quitting easier in that first week.
Cutting down will not make you quit. Only YOU can do that.
Cut down - then quit. Don't look back.
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
0 Kudos
leanna2

thanks guys.. everybody. i see we have some tough love on here and we have some more lax comments. okay so here it goes... i was up to a pack a day... well, give or take a few hours. in a week, i've cut down to 4 a day. in two days, i'll cut down to 3 a day- not only am i on this website, i am also using over the phone support.. oh man, i'm not even sure why i'm responding. obviously i don't know what i want and the people on here who don't know me can tell me what's going to work for me and what isn't! if you can't tell, the lack of nicotine is getting to me. thanks raychel for your apology, even though i didn't see it as harsh. thanks again guys.
0 Kudos
shara

Leanna,
Everyone on here is watching out for you. Trust me i know, i did the whole i'm not going to smoke for a few days then i really needed/ wanted it so i'm going to have another one. I'm working on my triggers right know and i'm fighting this battle. Because that's what it is, for smokers to quit it's a battle. You have all the support you need on here, if you ever just have the urge to smoke then hope online and message someone. Last night i cleaned my kitchen top to bottom, just because i had a craving. You can do it.
I wish you all the best in your quit 🙂
Shara
0 Kudos