cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

evie-kasper

Am I imagining things???

OK... I quit smoking on Sunday, June 22. Yesterday, I wore the 21mg Rite Aid Nicotine patch all day -- thanks to everyone on this site, I made it through. Today, I decided to see how long I can go without the patch -- I think this site helped me so much more in getting through my first 24 hours than the patch did. So far, so good -- no relapse, no patch. I'm so excited! I've been smoking for 28 years and I think I may actually make it this time! I love this site and all of you for being there!!!

I have been smoke free for 1 Day, 18 hours, 45 minutes and 45 seconds (1 days). I have saved $5.96 by not smoking 35 cigarettes. I have saved 2 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/22/2008 2:27 PM

0 Kudos
44 Replies
jen-x

Congrats!! You can do this. If it helps do it. Find what works best for you and use it. No explanations needed. Find the peace and love in your heart and you will learn to fly. Don't fall for brow beating or fear tactics. I believe in you.
Re-Learn to Breathe in freedom.
0 Kudos
banter

Wow, some NRT supporters on this thread have gone into such a blind rage they've forgotten that the topic of this post is a person celebrating their independence from NRT.
0 Kudos
diana11

congrats on your smoke free time I have 101 days today and yes this group is great. I love this site you can come hear and say whatever you are going through and someone will relate to you and talk to you. I will try to invite you to be my friend if i cant get it then you invite me. Good luck and stay strong
Diana
0 Kudos
cindy25

Wow! That is fantastic!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Thank you, Diana! I love your dog - he looks very sweet. I've noticed that when I really feel like I need a cigarette, taking my dogs for quick walks makes a big difference. Take care!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

It's working so far today! I'm just going second to second then minute to minute then hour to hour, etc. I find that it's more about when I think I should smoke - my old patterns. When I realize I quit, it tightens my chest almost like a panic attack, but when I do deep breathing and then work with hard candy or dum-dums, it passes pretty quickly. Thanks and best of luck to all of us!
0 Kudos
shara

Congrats, keep it up. 🙂
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Thank you so much for those stats - they are magical words to me. Still doing great! My stats are:

I have cigarette free for 1 Day, 23 hours, 4 minutes and 38 seconds (1 days). I have saved $6.56 by not smoking 39 cigarettes. I have saved 3 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/22/2008 2:27 PM

YEA ME! 🙂
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

I hear that!!! Thank you so much for your post. The encouragement is amazing. I'm almost at 2 days!

I have cigarette free for 1 Day, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 53 seconds (1 days). I have saved $6.56 by not smoking 39 cigarettes. I have saved 3 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/22/2008 2:27 PM
0 Kudos