cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

life still happens.

The addict in us is accustomed to smoking when a stressful situation arises. This has been a topic of many discussions. We have to be prepared to pull on our strength of NOPE. Life happens and  staying quit sometimes requires a little work.  Know before hand what you are going to do.

Each time I am challenged I tell myself if I can get through this and not smoke, I know I will never smoke again. We can not be too confident but focus on learning to deal with life situations without smoking. NOPE   A cigarette can not, has not, will not FIX anything.  We have been brainwashed as smokers that it does. Smoking  only compounds the problem.  1st you will have relapsed and 2nd still have to face the problem.  

Tags (1)
8 Replies

So true!  I'm proud I did not smoke last night after leaving the ER. Honestly I didn't even think about smoking until after I got out! 

Deena-A-Yenni

The addict remains within us.  Being prepared is what frees us.  Thank you for your post.

froguelady

Great blog.  The only thing smoking changes is making us addicted once more to the nicodemon.  Your insight into the quitting process is very wise and will inspire others that are struggling.

HealthyOrange

Thank you, Jackie once again!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yes!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Great post, Jackie! As always your right on top of things!

Terrie  79  DOF

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Great blog 100 % true......

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Thanks Jackie great blog !

0 Kudos