cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
sarah-manley

just to add that my final hurdle, after being mostly on nic replacement for 09 was to get off it forever. i want to be free of nicotine. for me that was a 2 stage process, months and months on nic therapy, learning how to BE a non smoker, learning how to work, watch tv, drive a car, everything, without the constant punctuation of a cigarette. This literally has taken nearly 10 months, and many many slips, but many good days too... and now my final step which is to be nicotine free. which i have been for 12 days now... and i hoep to remain for the rest of my life.
0 Kudos
sarah-manley

just to add that my final hurdle, after being mostly on nic replacement for 09 was to get off it forever. i want to be free of nicotine. for me that was a 2 stage process, months and months on nic therapy, learning how to BE a non smoker, learning how to work, watch tv, drive a car, everything, without the constant punctuation of a cigarette. This literally has taken nearly 10 months, and many many slips, but many good days too... and now my final step which is to be nicotine free. which i have been for 12 days now... and i hoep to remain for the rest of my life.
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for the support and tips. I made it through the day and am starting on the 4th. I understand it gets easier the longer I go.. Hope that comes soon. I think once I am able to get out of bed and start walking that will help also. Thanks again everyone! I am sure I will be asking for help again soon!
0 Kudos

I quit 3 days ago and feel like I want to tear something apart and throw it at the wall!!! I did not have a chance to prepare for this. I went to the doctors office on Wednesday morning and they told me if I did not quit they would put me in the hospital.. Something about being able to breath etc (lol) I have wanted to quit but the stress level in my life is extremly high right now and I knew that I should let things calm down before I tried. Oh well! Does anyone have any sugestions on what to do with these feelings when I am not able to go out and excersise etc right now? Hope you are feeling better about this than I am.. Sorry just having a hard time today.
0 Kudos
tfritz

Heather Anne - we've all slipped up at one time or another. Wishing you strength tomorrow and with each passing day! ~Tina
0 Kudos
tfritz

Awesome Sarah!!! I'm at 16 1/2 and it gets MUCH easier with each passing day. Keep it up- stay focused!!!
0 Kudos
sarah-manley

hi all october quitters! i'm on day 12 and doing well! it is getting easier everyday...
0 Kudos
kim-williams

New to the internet thing, but am willing to try. I am on day 4 of not smoking, and it seems like as soon as I made the decision to quit smoking all kind of obstacles started coming my way. Mostly making my stress level rise above normal and stay there for what seemed liked hours! This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!
0 Kudos
joan8

how to do you rate how many days you have been smoke free if I sliped up twice but went back on. do i say i have been 4 days or 19days smoke free or even 17 days do to the two slip ups. Do you go through all the tough 1st week issues as well or does it get easier.
0 Kudos