Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kristimarie

its time

I am ready

Labels (1)
7 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. On day at a time you can work your quit. 

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.34.24 PM.png

kristimarie

its going to be hard, but worth it.

maryfreecig

Yes, but worth it is so true. One step, one hour, one day at a time. 🙂

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@kristimarie Welcome and glad you're ready to quit.  It can take some time to get to that point in our lives.  I'm one of them.  It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it.  The Ex helped me get to that point.
 It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters.

Join man of us on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 4th.

Stay busy and stay close.
Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

There are no health benefits to nicotine addiction.  Start the living the life you were meant to live.

0 Kudos
Victoria0803

You can do this, determination…….if I can do this, you can do this.  I just started.  I’m working on eliminating all my triggers.  I am going to use a patch, for a bit…….

All I know, is that whatever method you use, get rid of your triggers first.  Then, tell yourself…..everytime a craving comes, that you are NOT a smoker.  It will go through your brain constantly, BUT……..it’s simple, you are NOT a smoker.  Suck on mints, do whatever you have to do.

I hate to say this, but I know from experience from a 3 year quit.  I’m I bit on the old side of life now, and I regret the day I started up again.  It was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done.

so, plan…….plan……plan……read!  Read about how this has destroyed lives.  If you drink?  Stop!  It’s a trigger……..but it’s okay, cuz there will be a point in time where drinking doesn’t trigger anymore……you just won’t be doing it blowing through 3 packs.

I set my quit date a bit in advanced, cuz I have triggers that I need to tackle one on one.  I’m old, and breaking these habits will take a bit.  But once I’m ready?  I will need the support, so please keep updating, your progress…….believe it or not, it will help some of us

Wozlik

Kristiemarie - I’m new here, too and excited to be joining you on this new path.