cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

j3ffmeadowsgm

It is finally time to quit smoking

Tomorrow will be the first full day. I just dumped out my tobacco. I am in a lot of pain and it is effecting my ability to function. I can barely function in the morning and I am tired of being sick all the time. I have the will power this time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
minihorses

When you said "I am in a lot of pain and it is effecting my ability to function. I can barely function in the morning and I am tired of being sick all the time" sounds like my early quit.  I admitted right from the start that I couldn't do it alone and I found ex.  Is the pain you have related to quitting or is that a medical problem? Either way smoking will just make it worse.  I live with very limiting pain and I'm glad my blood is flowing better without nicotine restricting the blood vessels. I kept telling myself that I was almost through the sick of withdrawal and I never wanted go through that again.  Anytime I think about a cigarette I remember that sick hell and remind myself just how much I don't want to deal with that on top of all my physical ailments.  

You can do this for good.  Stay close to here, blog, ask questions and most of all believe in yourself and you'll stay quit!

j3ffmeadowsgm

Thank you for writing to me @minihorses 

The pain is solely related to smoking. When I stop smoking I feel worse than when I do. I can't go through the cycle of smoking anymore. The addiction is very hard to stop.  I've been smoking an empty pipe today for the fumes of nicotine. I am finding it very hard to stop and Wellbutrin has not been the sole savior. It truly is putting in the hard work and hard time not smoking. I am really trying. But I keep failing. I am not buying anymore tobacco. It has left me so sick I can't function day to day anymore. The key to fighting it is not buying anymore. I am a fiend with nicotine. I will do anything to get a fix. The pain is in my lungs mostly. I have so little control of myself and the pain in the quitting cycle is huge. I set a quit date  here but I have not honored it or done the hard work. There is no way around sweating it out and dealing with the pain. I just wish it were not this painful.

minihorses

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.  I understand completely.  I got sick and all I wanted to do was sleep and throw up.  I felt like I had a fever with hot and cold flashes and was totally useless for about 3 weeks.  It has been said that quitting smoking is as difficult as quitting heroin. Tobacco is easy to get which makes it 10x as hard.  That being said, once all the crap is out of your system you will feel SO much better and have a better outlook on your quit.

Can you get a prescription for Chantix?  It was the one thing that gave me a winning edge this quit.  Please, please believe me.  If you can hang on and stay close to here you will be amazed how strong you actually are.  Keep telling yourself and always remember that you NEVER want to go through the hell of detox again and it will give you the added strength you need to keep quit. Ask your doctor about Chantix  and I hope you start to feel better soon!

j3ffmeadowsgm

Hello @minihorses . The pain is all in relation to my smoking. I am recovering also from quadruple bypass surgery and this pain is not quite the same level as that but it is a close second. My cardiologist has re signed me to once a year check ups because I have been doing very well and I am very fortunate to have had the surgery. The last thing a heart patient should be doing is smoking.

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with pain. I too am using the pain of the experience to remind myself why I do not want to smoke again. I have gone through three heart attacks and my heart function is at 39% of normal function. I was just above the criteria for having a defibrillator surgically implanted. The heart attacks do not leave pain but a weakness.

Thank you for writing to me.

MarilynH

Stay close @j3ffmeadowsgm to this site and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can, you can do this quit believe it and be willing determined and totally committed to succeed then you will be successful one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time as long as you keep moving forward and stick with N.O.P.E ~ Not One Puff Ever and Vigilance N.M.W ~ No Matter what ~ you will succeed in living a life of Freedom, it's definetly not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's definetly worth it to be Free....

j3ffmeadowsgm

Hello @MarilynH . I have no arguments with what you are saying. I am afraid I lack the character of NOPE. At least at the moment. The pain I am getting from the process of reducing and quitting smoking is the one thing I know and watching the course the disease took with my father. I am getting close to the age he was when he passed away. Lenard Nimoy, Spock, said we think we have more time than we really do. About his smoking. I am trying everything I can to end this pain and end this smoking. I appreciate your responding to my posts.

Live Long and NOPE !!

TigeKtm

Keep reminding yourself that your not alone in the fight to remove nicotine from your life.  I'm investing in my health before its to late.  

0 Kudos